Chobani Greek Yogurt... Oh.my.

Options

Replies

• atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER tried Greek yogurt. Isn't it really thick? I opt for Walmart Brand Lowfat Vanilla but all these flavors you speak of are sound so good!

I did buy greek covered pretzels today.
    Did someone say Blood Orange? Gulp
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Full of sugar or various other added ingredients, I imagine. Prefer to get plain and mix in some hemp and fruit.
  • speedgraphic19
    Options
    I LOVE the fruit flavored Chobani yogurts (pomegranate is my favorite), but I prefer to buy plain Fage and add my own flavors. It has a bit more protein in it.
  • suemrazik
    suemrazik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lit N FIt Greek Yogurt has only 80 calories and 12 grams protein
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've tried the plain and added granola; fresh, frozen, and dried fruit. I just don't care for it. I bought a few of the Chobani flavors tonight. I hope I like it!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yup and it's great with fresh fruit!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I bought Fage today !! Because it was at Sam's club and it was way cheaper than the grocery store. Also, Fage cost even more than Chobani at the grocery store. I'm looking forward to trying it!
    I've been eating only Chobani for more than a year but I recently tried Fage.....I think it's even better.
  • I eat cabot greek vanilla bean. It has 220 calories in a cup and 18 grams of protein. I think 5 grams of fat... or some small amount. It's so good too and always sells out at the grocery store. I have to buy six or seven containers at a time because I know it will sell out.

CABOT IS DELICIOUS! it's my favorite too!
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use the plain instead of mayo in chicken salad and it's pretty good. Also add PB and some cinnamon sugar to it to make a fruit dip.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Light n Fit Greek yogurt. It is lower in sugar. I count my sugars on a daily basis
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The apple cinnamon and pear flavors are amazing! I also love the Chobani Bite options available now: coffee and chocolate chunk for 100 calories. Yum.
    I just found Chobani Bite this week. The coffee chocolate was so good! I like Fage plain 0% for my smoothies. I also light Yolpalt, Light and Fit and Chobani. I rotate with whatever one is on sale.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I thought the dannon greek yogurt was okay, but I'm sitting here eating Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt.. This stuff.. is amazing. Thick, creamy, and overall perfect. I'd seen people recommend it on here and I grabbed some different flavors at the store this morning. You also can't beat the numbers. 140 calories, 14 grams of protein... I'm in heaven.

Do they make it in a plain version? Not into sugar.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like the pear one......and the cinnamon apple one. They're delicious.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love the apple and peach. I add one Splenda packet to it and it's heaven!!!
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    I didn't like Chobani for some reason. Fage is my favorite, it's so delicious!

I like both, but Fage is my favorite! Just tastes like better quality.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a downer on the yogurt but I rather use plain fat free greek yogurt and add my own extra's. My favorite right now is either fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, fat free plain greek yogurt and some sliced raw almonds. I also like natural peanut butter, sweeter of your choice and yogurt.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    First, when you eat yoghurt with added fruit - read the label. Not all of it is that healthy. Put some real fruit in it yourself.

Second, some of the yoghurts contain aspartame ... not good for you at all.

Third, the food industry and others have lead us to believe fat is bad for you. Not always the case. Some of our metabolic processes and generation of certain hormones need fat for the process.
  • fddc2cpa
    fddc2cpa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got strawberry banana, raspberry, and blood orange. My hometown Kroger didn't have that other brand.. Their greek yogurt selection is a bit on the light side. LOL

The blood orange flavor is my favorite, with pineapple a close second. One flavor I don't care for is pomegranate, because it has actual seeds in it, and I find that a little off-putting. Fage is a good brand too, but I find it slightly more bitter.

The Dannon greek yogurt line does have less calories (typically 80) with similar protein grams to Chobani, so I buy either one depending on sale prices.
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Chobani is super yummy. I love the apple and the pineapple.

My favorite is the Fage. The Cherry Pomegranate is my favorite flavored Fage. I usually just buy the plain and flavor it myself though.

Muller is also a good yogurt brand at Kroger. I *think* the calories are higher on Muller though. The honey apricot and caramelized almond are my favorite from Muller.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    regularly eat 900g tub at once. I normally mix in some protein powder and make a sludge with plain flavoured yoghurt.

Second, some of the yoghurts contain aspartame ... not good for you at all.

care to elaborate?