Enough cardio?

mattytee
mattytee Posts: 15
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey, not sure if it matters, but im 6'1, 140ish pounds, 18. I run about 20-30 min broken up everyday. Bout 9:30 for a mile and a half. Is this good? Its really all i do for working out and am now trying to keep my calorie intake down to around 1500-1600. What do ya think?

Thanks!!

--Matt

Replies

• Missnoel
    Missnoel Posts: 6 Member
    Have you talked to your doctor? 6'1 and 140- sounds kinda light! I would suggest upping your calories to a minimum of 1800, especially since you are running.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    I don't mean to sound mean, but if you were mine I'd fatten you up. A LOT. :laugh: Seriously, I agree with Missnoel. I don't think you're eating enough calories either.
  • jacob1869
    jacob1869 Posts: 2
    9:30 is good for a mile and a half. But the ladies are right dude, more calories for sure. At 6'1" and being 18 you should be atleast 175. I'm 6' and 23 yrs old. In the shape I am i'm at about 210. Trying to drop back down to 185 just because. But yeah, up your cal intake, and lift heavy if you're into that.
  • mattytee
    mattytee Posts: 15
    haha, ok thanks;-) Will up the calories and start to lift again.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I agree with the others you should be eating more calories at 18 I think you are still growing as they say. You haven't reached your full maturity yet. The chart says you should be at 166-202 pounds
This discussion has been closed.