LOW-CALORIE foods/snacks? :)

Options
I can't seem to stay on a 1200 calorie diet because even with really healthy eating, my calories get burned up QUICK.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I like Hanover Pretzel snaps.. 24 of them is 120 calories. I make my own hummus. Just garbanzo beans, cilantro, garlic, cayenne pepper, and add some juice from the garbanzo can. I don't use tahini or olive oil, although you could add a little olive oil if needed. Without the oil, it breaks down to 13 cals per tablespoon instead of 35 cals. The 2X protein yoplait greek yogurt are really good 100 calories :)

You can also buy fat free plain Fage or Chobani yogurt, take 4oz, plus 5 blueberries and 1/2 banana or strawberries, mixed together. Then add Kellogg's smart start cereal for a crunch instead of high calorie granola. That's a great snack too! I also like fresh cut up carrots, not precut ones. Fresh cut carrots are sweeter and crunchy with my hummus.

OH!!! And skinny cow ice cream.. super 100 calorie yum!
  • dallas4u
    Options
    Look at Vitalicious foods. They have so many awesome choices (muffins, pizzas, egg mcmuffins). Almost all of their food is 150 cals and under. The pizzas are 190 and are pretty darn good.

A little expensive but on my low cal days (1350 on non-workout days) these products keep my sanity and tummy happy.

Also, I have been reading a lot on these message boards - 1200 calories is really low. I personally think it is unrealistic. The calories are up to you. I am just giving you my 2 cents on calories.
  • redraz5
    Options
    The Fiber One bars and brownies are great. Especially the bars. Variety of flavors, 90 calories and 20%of daily fiber needs.:glasses:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I like fiber one bars and skinny cow icecream
  • sherodswife
    sherodswife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies. I love to have an apple or banana. Carrots are good too with lite ranch dressing. 100 calorie packs are great when you just NEED something junky.
  • dallas4u
    Options
    Yes those Fiber One brownies are 90-100 cals and taste so good. mmmm.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Popcorn seeds in a brown paper bag (lunch bag). Put the seeds in the bag and roll up the top. Put it in the microwave (time depends on your microwave) and enjoy!
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My response to this is why have snacks around? Even if you have kids/relatives/whoever in the house why keep them where anyone can get at them?

My solution to wanting a snack every night was to remove all the snacks from my house. Turns out if there's none around I can't eat them, and when I can't eat them my brain decides it's better to do something more productive than wish there was food around.

Get rid of the snacks! ...but if you can't, in the past I have recommended Brother's All Natural Fruit Crisps. They're pretty darn delicious and they're typically around 40-50 calories per pack. They're a bit on the expensive side (~$1.10 per package if you buy them in boxes of 12 or 24) but they are really quite good!