HEALTHY meal ideas...

Options
okay so I'm looking to add some variety to my diet. I find myself choosing the same things over and over, and although they're healthy choices, one person can only eat so many egg white omelets, bowls of oatmeal, salad, and grilled chicken breast. the issue is, I need it to be rather convenient and nothing that is too complicated or time consuming. so I'm asking all you fellow MFPers, please share your HEALTHY favorite meal ideas. these don't need to fit under any certain category like high protein, or low carb, or low fat; however, if your favorites fit these then that's fine.

Replies

• Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here is my go to healthy meal. Brown rice 1/2 cup, frozen Veg 1 cup, and 1 Gorton's frozen fish Fillet. I make the brown rice ahead of time and freeze in 1/2 cup portions. When it's time to eat I take the rice out and break it up in the bottom of a bowl, throw the frozen veg on top and season with salt and pepper. Then top with fish. Cover the bowl with a plate and put in the microwave for 6/7 minutes. When it's finished cooking let it sit and steam for 1 to 2 minutes. Then top with your favorite balsamic vinegar. Healthy frozen meal with out all the additives and preservatives, under 300 calories and ready in under 10 min. I change out the type of Veg and switch between tilapia and salmon for variety. Sometimes if I have it I will change out the fish for one chicken sausage link, or Turkey kielbasa.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Chicken or seafood stir fries with a ton of vegetables, canned bean/ frozen vegetable/ block creamed coconut curry (or add meat, but again a ton of veg). First takes minutes in a pan, second you can cook in bulk and reheat. Also any casseroles or mince dishes in the slow cooker (crock pot), again add loads of veggies - it takes literally five minutes to chop and throw in the raw ingredients then go out for six hours or so.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m trying to build a community of people that want to comment on healthy living. This would include to some degree accountability and conversations around eating better and exercising. If this is what you’re looking for, please accept my friend invite. Thank you. Ernie.

I created a group calle healthy living in frisco, texas.
  • allyworld
    Options
    This sounds awesome and easy
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pork Chops

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Ingredients:
    • 8 thick cut boneless pork chops
    • 1 package fresh spinach
    • 1 C shredded parmesan cheese
    • Seasoned salt
    Directions: Sautee and drain spinach. Try and get as much water out of the spinach as possible and set aside. Season each side of pork chop with seasoned salt. Slice pork chop down one side to create a pocket. Fill with spinach and cheese. Bake on baking rack in roasting pan for 12 minutes. Flip pork chops and bake 13 minutes.

(if you get a nice, very lean 4 oz. pork chop, it is about 290 calories)