Just needing a little motivational push...

I've found this past week to be the most challenging I've had since I've started trying to eat healthier and exercising (about 1 month or so)... my motivation is faltering and I'm having a harder time making good choices and even just trying to make a real meal...and while I'm still exercising most days it's feeling harder and harder to get myself up and moving... anyone have any suggestions/ideas for things that help you find your motivation again when the going seems a little harder? On the positive side...I'm still doing great with my water intake and I did still manage to drop 1 pound.

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    If I get like that I either watch skinny women on the TV or I look at the pictures of myself that set me off to begin exercising in the first place and it tends to motivate me!
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Don't give up! You can do this! When it get's tough, when you feel like quitting, that is the time to grind it out and put one foot in front of the other. I just always tend to give up around week 3. This time I sat down and cut 30 strips of paper and on each one I wrote a different reason that I wanted to be healthier. For Me, For my Husband, For Future, For Summer, For shorts! Before you know it if you can get past this lul in motivation you'll be re-energized....spring is coming! Awesome for you that you've lost a pound when your heart wasn't totally in it....Keep going!
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    I get that same way sometimes...but what keeps me going is thinking of all the things that I want to do and will be able to do when I am smaller and healthier. Look towards the reasons why you are getting healthy and focus on those.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    I post weight loss cartoons or inspirational items on the fridge...and change them off when I find a new one that clicks with me. I also have two jars sitting on the fridge...one with a marble for each pound I want to lose and one to move the marbles to as I drop each pound. They are all visual reminders that come in handy and give me a laugh when I get discouraged.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    refocus, reasses your goals write them down . how are you going to achieve them. how are you going to feel when you reach them.
    re visualise that goal.

look at your meals - are you doing the same thing all the time
    same for exercise - try to mix it up and keep it interesting.

good luck
  • FoundProdigal
    FoundProdigal Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks everyone...some really great ideas and suggestions. I'll definitely try some of them.