Chobani Greek Yogurt... Oh.my.

Options

Replies

• slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I buy the Dannon brand of yogurt for a boost of protein and carbs after my workouts. SO tasty.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You know you can make your own greek yogurt?? Just buy a big one of plain regular yogurt. Get a round bowl-shaped strainer and put a couple coffee filters in it. Dump the plain yogurt in, set it over a bowl, cover and stick in the fridge overnight. In the morn, you will have Greek Yogurt! All it is is yogurt with most of the liquid removed!! I do this a lot and it is so much cheaper!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love to stick either blueberry or cherry in the freezer right before I pull out dinner.. then it's frozen just soft for desert after an hour or so.. nice
  • areumdawn
    areumdawn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried flavored greek yogurt. But I like Fage more than Chobani, it's even thicker.
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What is the sugar content in the flavored Greek yogurt? I usually just by the plain 0% fat and add my own fresh fruit. I love tracking it to work for lunch!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    regularly eat 900g tub at once. I normally mix in some protein powder and make a sludge with plain flavoured yoghurt.
    I never thought about adding protein powder, great idea to help boost calorie intake and extra protein! Whats kind if protein powder do you use?
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I only found the plain flavour in Australia :( The flavoured ones are in little containers.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Fage full-fat owns them all.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Fage full-fat owns them all.
    Lies.

Fage full fat with blueberry owns them all.
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Side note: Im making crock pot buffalo chicken tonight and was thinking about doing a homemade ranch dip/spread/whatever to put on the sandwiches. The recipe I looked up called for plain greek yogurt, hence my trip to the grocery.

Yay Yogurt! But I want to know how this turned out....
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Blood orange, pineapple, and pomegranate are my favorites.

Our local store brand (Harris Teeter) is pretty good as well.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a downer on the yogurt but I rather use plain fat free greek yogurt and add my own extra's. My favorite right now is either fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, fat free plain greek yogurt and some sliced raw almonds. I also like natural peanut butter, sweeter of your choice and yogurt.

I prefer to use the natural and add my own fruit too :-)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    To each their own on flavors. I personally like the Chobani black cherry the best. Fage plain, non-fat with some honey is great too.

Look at the ingredients of the Dannon "greek" and some of the store brands. Some of them use corn starch as a thickener to approximate greek yogurt. If you like the taste of them, no problem, but I personally like the real stuff.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I buy the plain, zero fat, and add fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut flakes, flaxseed, a little granola, Tajin, and started adding a little protein powder becuse I am not getting enough protein according to my Dr. Mix it all together and it's breakfast heaven. I also use in place of sour cream and add to a lot of sauces. Also it's my secret ingredient in guacamole. Well one of them anyway. Oh and I buy Fage, I like it the best.
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    if you think chobani is amazing....try fage!!! it is by far more supreme...it's creamier and doesn't leave the slight aftertaste that chobani does....(plain and flavored) that and fage has a seperate compartment to the fruit so you control how much sugar you consume...I never eat all the fruit mixing!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I thought the dannon greek yogurt was okay, but I'm sitting here eating Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt.. This stuff.. is amazing. Thick, creamy, and overall perfect. I'd seen people recommend it on here and I grabbed some different flavors at the store this morning. You also can't beat the numbers. 140 calories, 14 grams of protein... I'm in heaven.

Do they make it in a plain version? Not into sugar.

Yep! I bought a big tub of the plain yogurt to make ranch dip and to put in my protein shakes.
  • hannah_ryann
    Options

Side note: Im making crock pot buffalo chicken tonight and was thinking about doing a homemade ranch dip/spread/whatever to put on the sandwiches. The recipe I looked up called for plain greek yogurt, hence my trip to the grocery.

Yay Yogurt! But I want to know how this turned out....

Ahmazing. I tried to put it on a sandwich with the ranch spread and lettuce, but it absolutely fell apart with all the buffalo sauce goodness. However, that didn't stop me from eating it. :)
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I LOVE the pineapple flavor. I put a little coconut in it and BAM! Instant pina colada fix! :)
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    I don't mean to be a downer on the yogurt but I rather use plain fat free greek yogurt and add my own extra's. My favorite right now is either fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, fat free plain greek yogurt and some sliced raw almonds. I also like natural peanut butter, sweeter of your choice and yogurt.

I bought a plain fat free tub and plan on trying it with different frozen fruits I have on hand. Thanks for the suggestion about the natural pb, though! I wouldn't have thought to put that in with the yogurt.
  • hannah_ryann
    Options
    if you think chobani is amazing....try fage!!! it is by far more supreme...it's creamier and doesn't leave the slight aftertaste that chobani does....(plain and flavored) that and fage has a seperate compartment to the fruit so you control how much sugar you consume...I never eat all the fruit mixing!

The next time I'm at Walmart I'll look for Fage.. I love trying new things! Our local Kroger didn't have it, or else I would have picked some up to do a taste test comparison.