STARVING...HELP

Options
Okay, so if anyone knows about Chelean extreme...my last day of the entire program is Tuesday...which means I am in the Lean phase. She always talks about eating lean but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing that. I am constantly hungry...my calorie goal on here is 1470...and I'm not an expert on nutrition or anything but it seems like when you people say eat lean you need to actually eat..and i do it, oh trust me I eat. I just watch the portions and try to stay under the 1470 goal...should I raise this number since I am so hungry. If I should...to what? I am more afraid that it is going to stop my progress.. for about a month now I have been fluctuating between 120 and 125 and it just won't settle to one number...don't know what to do!!!!

Replies

• hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    I don't know anything about the specific diet you're on, but I suggest that you try eating REALLY high in fiber and protein-- this will make you feel fuller. Cut out any calories that don't make you feel full (oils, butters, sugars) and focus on things that actually make you feel like you've eaten something (meats, soy, nuts, whole grains, veggies, etc).
    It's really tough to have a low cal target-- I've gone as low as 1000. But it's easier when you really make those calories the right ones. :)
    Good luck!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Try eating some fresh strawberries! They're cheap here in the states and very low in calories. I ate 2 lbs today (not all at once!) and they really filled me up!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, so if anyone knows about Chelean extreme...my last day of the entire program is Tuesday...which means I am in the Lean phase. She always talks about eating lean but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing that. I am constantly hungry...my calorie goal on here is 1470...and I'm not an expert on nutrition or anything but it seems like when you people say eat lean you need to actually eat..and i do it, oh trust me I eat. I just watch the portions and try to stay under the 1470 goal...should I raise this number since I am so hungry. If I should...to what? I am more afraid that it is going to stop my progress.. for about a month now I have been fluctuating between 120 and 125 and it just won't settle to one number...don't know what to do!!!!
    The total calorie amount you eat each day is only 1470?? WOW, no wonder you're starving Girl!:noway:

You ARE eating back your excercise calories, right? Or at least a good amount of them working out that hard? If you're not, that will definitely explain why you're so hungry.:ohwell:
  • ritadani
    ritadani Posts: 6
    Options
    1470 is not that few for a women. men need more calories, therefore that's probably why it seems so little to you, but around 1500 is a good weight loss number of calories for a woman.
  • ddelbeau
    ddelbeau Posts: 9
    Options
    In terms of the flucuating you must take into account that some of that is water weight depending on your water intake and sodium that change in weight could actually be due to your water weight and not your fat or muscle mass. In terms of the calorie intake and still being hungry I think if you consume alot of water and find meals that are high in water and low in calories you will find that you will be less hungry.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    no no, i definitely eat most of my exercise calories, but on rest days I am hungry all the time.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    no no, i definitely eat most of my exercise calories, but on rest days I am hungry all the time.
    Oh good, you're eating your workout cals, whew, I was thinking, gosh that girl must be STARVING without them!:tongue:

I know on the off days of working out that can happen, maybe adding an extra 100 or so cals or changing up your food choices on the non workout days? High protein foods, high fiber etc. Something such as a piece of fruit and a portion of nuts can take me quite aways.

Not real familiar with Chalean's diet plan/workout plan so not sure if you have to stick to what she suggests strictly or can you modify it a bit to what you need on the non workout days?