The Dreaded Freshman 15... almost...

Options
I started college in the fall... and it has happened... I have almost gained the freshman 15. I really don't want it to continue, so does anyone have any suggestions for how to get back on track with weight loss??

Replies

• hulkweazel
    hulkweazel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes... eat less, exercise more.
  • lmw71282
    lmw71282 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My suggestion for you is to keep a diary log if you track what you are eating you can figure out where you are gaining the weight. The most important part is to be truthful with yourself and not lie on your diary. Once you have tracked what you ate for a couple of weeks then you can see where you need improve ie eat more fruits and veggies and less beer and pizza :)
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well, that depends. What do you do for meals? Do you have a meal plan? Do you live on or off campus? How do you get around? ect.

Me personally, I found it too hard to eat well at an all-you-can-eat style cafeteria. I find it easier to make food for myself or buy from places on campus. You just have to keep things within your calorie budget.
  • cklapk1
    cklapk1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm a college freshman too and i've lost weight since starting in the fall :) all i really did was look for the healthier options in the dining halls, keep snacking during the day between meals to a minimum (which isn't too hard because all my classes are blocked together so i don't really have time to snack), and go to the gym. you pay to use the gym as part of your tuition, so why not take advantage? i'm currently in the middle of C25K, and having a structured program really keeps me on track. there are plenty of workouts you can do in your dorm room as well. you can add me if you want for motivation :)
  • phoenixrizez
    phoenixrizez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think all of the advice thus far has been right. I would only add that there is nothing wrong with indulging in the things you like to eat...as long as they fit into your overall calorie goal. I have discovered that allowing myself to eat pizza or whatever naughty thing it is I want has been good because mfp has helped me to enjoy in moderation. Hope that helps!