Breaking out of weekend binging

Options
I was so determined with my diet, I lost 10kg, but now I've put on 3kg back, even though I eat so well during the week because I lose ALL motivation on the weekend.

Yesterday my boyfriend was telling me that when he met me I wouldn't even eat an M&M - while I was spooning nutella from a jar. I think the problem is that I go out on the weekend and use wanting to enjoy myself as an excuse for overeating.

I really need help! I feel like I'm constantly failing and can't break this cycle of eating really well when I'm in routine but when something breaks out of routine I mess up. I'm double worried because I'm going interstate on the weekend, where my grandmother lives - and I know I'll use that as an excuse to binge on her food.

I really need help, has anyone fallen off the horse and managed to get successfully back on?

Replies

• badmojo108
    Options
    Find something to do that you enjoy that isn't eating. All to often we equate having fun to eating and over indulging, and they two shouldn't be related. Find some stuff you want to do during the week but can't because of time restraints and do those on the weekend. See a movie, go to the park, go to the zoo, play a sport, visit a museum, go shopping, there are lots of things to do. Once you realized that having fun doesn't mean you have to eat, sticking with your meal plan will be much easier.
  • thinkcrystal
    thinkcrystal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow>>i was just telling my friend the exact same thing!! I did so well the month of January and lost 9lbs. However i have girls night out every weekend and i eat whatever i want. i did okay with it at first, but 1 weekend we went out and i binged on sweets that whole night and i have yet to recover. i dont know how to get that motivation back to get on track.

If you find a method soon please inform me.:flowerforyou:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I just joined the 50 day binge free challenge ^^^, awesome idea, and since I'm completing day 1 today as we speak, seems like the perfect time!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Joining challenges really helps. But I actually keep my weigh in day on Sunday to try to curb that feeling of letting go on the weekends.