"Half Ton Mom" show on TLC - did anyone else watch?

Options
The show started 8pm, Eastern Standard Time....and it's not over yet... Right now, this show has captured me - can't tear my eyes away from the television. (And for a show to pull me in like this - well, it caught me good. I'm only typing during commericals!)

Renee Williams, 29 years old, from Austin TX weighs 841 lbs. A mother of two daughters (age 12 & 8), Renee is considered the "world's heaviest woman" and is classified as super morbid obsese. Her body mass index is 113%

At age 25, Renee went to the recycling center to be weighed. Then 550+lbs, Renee's weight increased after a car accient left her with a crushed leg and bedridden. In the past 4 years, her weight went to the current 800+ lbs.

When Renee needed to leave the house, it took 16 firemen (8 on each side of her) to carry her out of her house. One of the doctor's stated she's approximately 1 cm away from not fitting through the hosptial hallway doors.

Renee is undergoing gastic bypass. Sheh is the heaviest person ever to undergo gastric bypass surgery. Renee's recovery wasn't successful. Her passing brought tears to my eyes.

Normally, I'm not one to start a topic or reply to posts other than to the one group I'm in. However, Renee's story moved me. And now, I'm getting out of bed, putting on sweatpants and walking the dog.

Replies

• kslagle1980
    kslagle1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't see it but that is heartbreaking!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I used to watch discovery health channel ad there were several stories about many super obeses people. It is so heart breaking watching those people struggle through their lives.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I saw half ton dad, right before Half ton mom.

I couldn't watch it.

the guy hasn't showered in 4 YEARS!!!

His skin was literally falling off in flakes!!

It was gross so I had to change the channel!

He weighed 1,031 pounds and was to heavy for gastric bypass!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    question??????????? If you can't get out of bed how do u get the "bad" food?
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Hmmmm?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    question??????????? If you can't get out of bed how do u get the "bad" food?

all the friends and family bring in all the food daily......like whole buckets of KFC and dozens of burgers and stuff. I think these people should help their struggling friend/family member and bring healthy food only.

One guy would order pizzas and whatnot and have a pully system to bring the food up through the window and also pay the same way.

They keep finding ways to keep eat the crap stuff.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Now, the "World's heaviest man - eating to death" is on. Same channel.

Ok, for this guy, there is two caregivers who cook him healthy meals but when they leave, the junk food comes in,

This guy is older than the "Half Ton Mom."

Now, I haven't walked my dog yet -- must do it now... instead of glued to the tv even more.
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I hit almost 300 pounds I just had visions of those people who are in those little scooter wheelchairs because they are so obese. I live in a very unhealthy part of WV, and I see that on a regular basis... I was so scared if I was 300 pounds at 20, I could be that big one day. It was the thing that turned me around for sure.

These shows are so sad.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have watched it before and it was heartbreaking. I really felt for her daughters, especially. She did do a good thing by trying to help other people who are morbidly obese!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    When I hit almost 300 pounds I just had visions of those people who are in those little scooter wheelchairs because they are so obese. I live in a very unhealthy part of WV, and I see that on a regular basis... I was so scared if I was 300 pounds at 20, I could be that big one day. It was the thing that turned me around for sure.

These shows are so sad.

One time I was in Disneyland and I saw a Mother, Father, and teenage daughter (maybe20's) all on those scooters because they were all too obese to walk. My heart broke!!!! Okay so you do this to yourself but your child too?:brokenheart: