Another day of consuming just over 700 calories...whoops. :/

Options
I really NEED to get off Weight Watchers, I'm still mentally point counting. I did the 'discovery plan' using some books I brought online (couldn't afford meetings and things) and it's got me on 16 points at the moment (arguably you shouldnt be doing weight watchers when you're 8 stone). Any tips to stop me doing silly things like this? I've had it beaten into me that ''a calorie is not a calorie'' and to be scared of ''saturated fat''. :cry:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    arguably you shouldnt be trying to lose any weigth if you are 8 stone...

if you are struggling to eat you should probably talk to a professional before you make yourself really ill.
  • Borginator
    Options
    If that's you in the photo and you want to LOSE weight you're only 8 stone and you're eating 700 calories a day, then something is seriously wrong with this whole scenario.
  • rosikinslovesyou
    Options
    I'm trying to mantain, I was hoping calorie counting would give me a better perception of what i should be eating in a day, its tricky getting away from that whole point counting thing though.
    It's a bit like having a bike with stabilisers and taking those stabilisers off for the first time if that makes sense.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm trying to mantain, I was hoping calorie counting would give me a better perception of what i should be eating in a day, its tricky getting away from that whole point counting thing though.
    It's a bit like having a bike with stabilisers and taking those stabilisers off for the first time if that makes sense.

how many calories were you eating to lose weight?
  • rosikinslovesyou
    Options
    I wish I knew, I was using the weight watchers old points system.
    I went from 15 stone down to 9 and a half and then kept going (just because following the plan became 'normal' to me).
    So I started off on about 22 points and they go down as you loose a stone.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I went from 15 stone down to 9 and a half and then kept going (just because following the plan became 'normal' to me).

but you're trying to maintain... surely the WW plan includes maintenance as well??

you need to DOUBLE your calorie intake at LEAST....
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I believe that Weightwatchers have a minimum number of points that no one can go below so I don't think you were following the plan correctly. Why not go along to a weight watchers meeting and speak to them - I'm sure they'd help you maintain and count points...if thats what you want to do.
  • rosikinslovesyou
    Options

but you're trying to maintain... surely the WW plan includes maintenance as well??

you need to DOUBLE your calorie intake at LEAST....
    I never did the meetings though, so I have no idea, point counting like that for the rest of my life seems pretty daft too.

I do need to eat more though for sure. It's just breaking that bad habbit. I ban myself from the gym on days like this. :sad:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Gradually bump your calories up. Maintenance is cool because you can develop new goals for fitness and body composition, now that you don't have to worry about losing weight. I suggest adding weight training and support that weight training with extra calories and protein. It will firm you up and I think you'll really love the way you look when you lift. But it's important for you to eat at maintenance, NOT at the crazy deficit you're at now. Try something more along the lines of at least 1500-1600 to start. It's hard to eat that much when you're not used to it, so build up gradually. :drinker:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I do need to eat more though for sure. It's just breaking that bad habbit. I ban myself from the gym on days like this. :sad:

sounds like you need a jar of peanut butter and a spoon!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're crazy. Let me make you a pot of homemade cubano black beans!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I know it's scary to up your calories as you are afraid of undoing all your hard work. 700 is way to low though, the very least you should be eating is 1200 and that is to lose weight. I would start upping gradually until you get to a healthier amount of calories. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Start at 900 calories per day (I know this is very low but I suspect you will freak out from the initial water / glycogen gain if you ramp them up too aggressively and may come away with the false notion that your maintenance level of calories is very low)

Every week add about 100 calories to your total (so your progression would be 1,000 1,100, 1,200, 1,300 etc as the weeks go by.)

Purposefully and methodically add in more protein, fat as the weeks go by. I would add in some carbs as well but it's less important in the short term.

When you find that your weight has stabilised over a four week period (so ignore any weekly blips - like a gain or 2lbs or a loss of 2lbs etc) come back and we can advise you further.

Get your base solid and everything else will follow.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds as if you're using the old plan where each point was worth fewer calories. Nowadays you are supposed to have 29 points a day I think!