Bridge to 10k?

Options
I have signed myself up to a 10k for charity in May and I really want to get training! I completed the couch to 5k training program last summer, which really worked for me.

Basically what I'm asking is whether the bridge to 10k program is any good? I'm guessing it's similar to c25k. If anybody has a link to a run down of the program that would be great! :smile:

Replies

• millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Have you completed it? How did you find it?
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Yes I did it last year when I decided to run a half marathon because "how hard can it be." Actually not that hard, just BORING!!! I complemented it with one or two days of resistance training per week (body pump plus some personal training sessions that I won in my gym's raffle!) to make sure my muscles were in good condition and didn't get injured.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to incorporate it into my usual routine, maybe cut down on other things a little bit to focus on training. Lucky you winning training sessions!

Long (well, long for me) distance running can get a bit dull, especially on a treadmill! Once the weather is a little better I'll be outside and I'll definitely enjoy that more.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    get yourself a running buddy, much harder to skip training then!