Filling Snacks

What are your favorite filling snacks? I am usually ending up with about 200-300 calories left at the end of the day. I'm not usually hungry, but I want to meet those calorie goals.. not go over and not remain under.

Replies

• patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    I suggest protein at the last meal if you only have 200-300 calories left-like a hard boiled egg. The carbs make me hungry and I will be tempted to eat more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    a glass of milk
    boiled egg
    carrot & hummus
    spoonful of peanut butter
    portion of nuts
    bit of cheese

but at the same time, dont make yourslf eat if you're not hungry. just add an extra 100 cals per meal through the day try pre-logging so you are hitting your goal instead of eating then logging and finding you are under at the end of the day.
  • MissMandroid
    MissMandroid Posts: 10 Member
    if you are not hungry, pick a treat for yourself. My favorite treat is hot chocolate, and if I have enough calories left, add whipped cream!
  • low fat yogurt
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Right now I love Cheese rice cakes with philadelphia cream cheese and smoked ham. 100 cals each.. (little bit of fat and some protein to fill you up. I love the crunch too. Satisfying snack)

Love nuts. (good fats make them filling)

A bowl of Greek yogurt with berries. (good quality Greek yogurt like fage. No added sugars and lots of protein to fill you up)

Zara x
  • I treat myself with chocolate frozen yogart. 1 cup is 180 cal, I feel like Im cheating but not.

Good Luck
  • meliafairy
    meliafairy Posts: 49 Member
    If I want something sweet, I generally prefer Edy's Real Fruit bars. My salty go to is generally Pretzels.

If I need something a bit more filling, I pick almonds/walnuts, a hard boiled egg or some greek yogurt with a bit of fruit.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    I also have this problem so im looking forward to trying the suggestions, any have any sugar free ideas as im normally always over in sugar?

Also does anyone have calorie info for a single nut, eg. an almond or a brazil nut? Im a student and dont have any scales so I need to know if i eat 10 or however many, what calories I need to enter!

Thanks
  • When I have calories leftover, I try to get as much protein in as possible with those calories. Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, chicken, etc

Though, sometimes, I just want a donut.