what can I have instead of caffeine???

Options
I have been told by doctor I have to eliminate all types of caffeine from my diet - I didn't think I drank that much but since changing to caffeine free coke, tea and coffee, I am tired all the time! I have never been like this before, is there anything else that will give me the same wake up as a strong coffee???

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    how are your iron levels? anaemia can make you feel tired.

also the gym gives me energy..
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    beta alanine.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    you will get over the tiredness. its a transitory reaction.
    Enjoy the calm!
  • undertoe
    undertoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did tea, but caffeine-free options are also good. I also suggest staying away from sugar early in the morning, it makes your body crave sugar for the rest of the day. I would say, just try to go to bed earlier, and drink water in the morning, as soon as you wake up.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I consume caffeine maybe a dozen times a year, max. I make sure to get a good night's sleep (not always the magical eight hours often said, for you it may be more or less to have that right energy level without feeling groggy) and I take a B12 vitamin each morning (though, admittedly, days I don't take it don't feel that much different, energy-wise).

I always eat breakfast, lunch, a few snacks, and dinner. And I drink about 12-15 cups of water a day. I haven't been working out for a few months, but when I do, I always have more energy in general. And typically drink 15-18 cups of water on workout days.

The only time I have energy or tiredness issues is when I get too little sleep. But as long as I don't go too many nights of not sleeping enough, just getting back on schedule brings the energy levels back up.