Flourless Eggplant Pizza

Options
I'm a pizza hound, so I'll sniff out any reasonable facsimale thereof. I found this on Allrecipes.com and made it for dinner tonight. I mean it's not Chicago Deep Dish, but not bad if you crave 'da pie' as do I.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/flourless-eggplant-pizza/detail.aspx

6 'rounds' will add up as follows...

Calories = 274
Carbohydrates = 13 g
Fat = 19.1 g

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Cool! I just bought an eggplant today.

I made an Arugula Quinoa Beet salad from Allrecipes tonight. It was good too. And I made the cauliflower crust pizza to go with it (3rd time this week) :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-beet-and-arugula-salad/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=arugula beet quinoa&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e13=A:Search Results-List(control)&e7=Recipe
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love eggplant, and pizza of course, so I'm looking forward to trying this!
  • Chas_Rankin
    Options
    Great!! -- I just bought some califlower, so will have to give that one a try.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I will definitely have to try this, I love eggplant!
  • Chas_Rankin
    Options

You're quite welcome... Enjoy!
  • fatblaster2012
    Options
    bump
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    Options

You're quite welcome... Enjoy!
    I made these last night, I'm not sure how to post a picture but I have a picture on my Instagram, not sure if anyone uses that here. It was delicious!
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • Chas_Rankin
    Options
    Great... Bon appetit!!

I don't use Instagram, but I think they have a "share" button that assigns a url to the pic... Or, you can click on "edit photos" on your MFP profile and ad additional pics.

Anyway glad ya liked 'em. Mine came out a little soggy (still delish), but next time I'll increase oven temp a bit. Also, I sprinkled some seasoned bread crumbs on top before baking-- Then shook some crushed red peppper and oregano just as I would on a regular pizza. Ciao!
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cool, I also love Eggplant, and pizza. Will give these a try at the weekend. Step sons are over and was planning on English muffin pizzas for them, so these will be great for me!
  • coliema
    Options
    Great... Bon appetit!!

I don't use Instagram, but I think they have a "share" button that assigns a url to the pic... Or, you can click on "edit photos" on your MFP profile and ad additional pics.

Anyway glad ya liked 'em. Mine came out a little soggy (still delish), but next time I'll increase oven temp a bit. Also, I sprinkled some seasoned bread crumbs on top before baking-- Then shook some crushed red peppper and oregano just as I would on a regular pizza. Ciao!
    I'm going to try to post the picture here, it might take me a few minutes! I think I will increase the oven temperature next time as well, just to kind of make the tops a little "crispy". I put oregano on mine as well, they were sooo good!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    def gonna try these with chicken
  • coliema
    Options
    Photo_GridPhotoGrid_1361224658499.jpg

This was what I had for dinner that night, the Eggplant Pizza's and a small side salad :) It was soo delicious!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the recipe link.
    I love cauliflower pizza crust but it never gets crispy for me, maybe because of the water content in cauliflower? My favorite veggie is eggplant but again it is full of water content, does the crust get crispy?
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, Im gonna have to try that out!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I will try; but it makes me sad.
  • Mrswrp
    Mrswrp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a pizza hound, so I'll sniff out any reasonable facsimale thereof. I found this on Allrecipes.com and made it for dinner tonight. I mean it's not Chicago Deep Dish, but not bad if you crave 'da pie' as do I.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/flourless-eggplant-pizza/detail.aspx

6 'rounds' will add up as follows...

Calories = 274
    Carbohydrates = 13 g
    Fat = 19.1 g
    Thanks!