P90X Teammate

Options
atom11220
atom11220 Posts: 13 Member
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a person who is doing P90X. I have had these DVDs since last Summer and I have been on and off with them ever since. I also have been on and off with My Fitness Pal as well. I am looking for a buddy around my age (21) so that we can keep each other in check. I am sick of stalling my progress. Any takers?

Thanx

Replies

• BlackBeltLife
    BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
    Options
    Well I meet requirements (except for age) Good luck to you
  • cedes123
    cedes123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Yes My name is Mercedes screen name cedes123 and I am 22 and have done the same thing and I need motivation!!! I bought mine last summer as well and have been on and off and get discouraged when I cant move the way the people in the DVDs do but I am up for it if you are. Lets motivate each other!!!
  • atom11220
    Options
    Honestly, BlackBeltBound, that is fine with me. The criteria I set I guess was to try to have people who experience very similar struggles. I am willing to do it! Cedes123, I am very excited that you have joined me too! Did you start already? How far are you guys from your weight goal? My worst struggle right now is with eating? I seem kill my good behavior at night!
  • KDuckGirl
    KDuckGirl Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey! I just joined the site and LOVE it. I assure you I will be on here every day! My boyfriend has the P90X collection and has done them a lot on and off as well (kind of in your same situation). I have joined him many times to do the workout and love it! I especially love the pliometrics, it reallyyyy kicks my butt! Anyways, I'm not sure I can plan to do P90X everyyy day but he sure is motivated to and is super determined to "get ripped". He's about 210 and just wants to build a lot of muscle and eliminate any fat keeping him from a six pack. Accountability from a workout partner/motivator would be really good for him in achieving his goal I think! I will advise him about you and this site for sure!

I'm planning to do daily intensive, fat burning cardio at the gym and I really like yoga. I like P90X for getting some weight training in because Im not much of a lifter and could really use the muscle tone. Maybe I should take a shot at p90x? I guess i didn't really consider it since I'm a girl and can't even do a pull up :( lol. I just heard about "insanity" (new version of P90X but 30 minute intenssse cardio sessions). I'd really like to take a shot at that!!! Every day for 90 days sounds so exhausting but it definitely works!!

Anyways, he's 23 and I'm 22. My name's Kelly by the way!
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am on round 4 of P90X. It is unbelievable! I'm using it to try to cut my bodyfat below 10%. I am also trying to eat clean. I would love to motivate you all as the product works!
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi,
    You and your boyfriend should check out my Beachbody site
    www.docbfitness.com. I am on my 4th round of the X!
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Week2 day 1 yup that means good ole CHest and Back and Ab ripper..............DONE Recovery drink..............Done. Hows everyone holding up today
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    PLYO X Done......that truly is the mother of all p90x videos......................Recovery Drink Done.........Check in Done
  • atom11220
    Options
    BlackBeltBound: Wow ur kidding....I am a week behind you. I just restarted. I did Chest and Back yesterday (technically). I am going to do Plyo today. Do the recovery drinks really work like that? Lol. Thanx Doctorcb for the support! I believe we are trying our best! Hey KDuckGirl, I think it would be great to have your boyfriend come along. What I usually do for motivation is check out a bunch of result videos on youtube to try to convince myself that it works and that I am only weeks away, lol! By the way, there is nothing wrong with a girl doing P90X. As embarassed as I am to say this, I could not do one pull up in the beginning. With p90X I was able to do 15, which is a big accomplishment for me. I do not know how many I can do now. It is been months since I restarted it. I do not know too much about Insanity. Maybe you should do the program with your boyfriend just use lighter weights and supplement the pull up exercises with other back exercises (I did that when my door frame broke). Good Luck all!
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Checking in.........I had a $#%&*(*&%^* of a day and to be honestly was not able to get my workout in today. Made sure I still ate clean and kept calorie intake under. Hope you all had a great day.
  • atom11220
    Options
    That's fine...everyone had their bad days....I just completed my second day. You just have to make sure that the rests do not elongate. I allow myself AT MAX, two days. It's funny how your muscles do not seem to function as well when you have not strength trained for some time. I could not do half as much as I did before. I will keep trying. Good Luck. I expect good things tomorrow.
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Yoga x done. .......I also got some of the beachbody supplement. In today. I will let you guys know how I like em.
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Legs and Back Done..................Recovery drink Done..............Yeah its Friday
  • atom11220
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms TONIGHT! I was sidetracked by a wedding yesterday!
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Kempo x done........recovery drink done........eating right on a holiday weekend: ) have agreat day
  • Fear
    Fear Posts: 3
    Options
    I have and do P90X. Truthfully its a good system but the food plan on it is not set up for my body.
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    I have and do P90X. Truthfully its a good system but the food plan on it is not set up for my body.

What do you mean?
  • atom11220
    Options
    I, myself, do not follow their food plan. I do not purchase their food products, but that is only because I do not have the funds to purchase them. I do follow a a basic food plan that mirrors their plan. Btw, Yoga X today!
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Oh yeah I don't do shakeology and I just started on some of the vitamins. I do enjoy the recovery drink. It is one of the best tasting ones I have had.

Chest and back done.......recovery drink done.

I actually got ahead of Tony and the crew and finished about 10 minutes before. Them. Just made sure I finished with the stretching. Happy Memorial Day all
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    PLyo x DONE.......Recovery Drink DOne......No more plyo for a bit But core synergetics coming :sick: