Toning all over body

I am hoping to tone up, I am very skinny and looking to put on weight, but healthily with the correct foods and an occasional treat day, I have a weight gain plan but Id like to tone up as I do this, I have ordered a few little things to help such as a rowing action exerciser, a leg toner and some small dumbells, but my question is how long do i need to spend on each area of the body per work out and how often?
I've always just done loads of cardio and dont really understand reps and muscle toning. I have the zumba DVDs which did get me toned a while back but they are too high energy at the moment as I really dont want to lose any more weight. Im not wanting to get a six pack or anything i just would like to be a bit toned and gain some strength as im very weak!
Any advice very much appreciated thank you in advance :smile:

Replies

• kaylieland
    kaylieland Posts: 6 Member
    As well as the dumbells, leg toner and rowing action exerciser i also have a twist board and a ab toning wheel. Any routines anyone already does with these or can recommend would be so helpful
  • You should start on a full body resistance training routine. A traditional beginner weight lifting routine if you want to lift weights, or a bodyweight routine like "you are your own gym" if you do not want to lift weights.