Hello Everyone!

Options
AKH137
AKH137 Posts: 8 Member
I'm not sure where to start.

I'm a woman from New Jersey who has been overweight my entire life. I was picked on for my weight throughout school, but now it's time to change. My husband thinks I'm beautiful, but for once I want me to feel beautiful about me. I want to look better in my clothes and try to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I've been doing this for a week, and so far it's seemed easy. I'm afraid to weigh myself. I'm very determined to stick with the MFP program.

Any recomendations?

~Andrea

Replies

• AKH137
    Options
    I'm not sure where to start.

I'm a woman from New Jersey who has been overweight my entire life. I was picked on for my weight throughout school, but now it's time to change. My husband thinks I'm beautiful, but for once I want me to feel beautiful about me. I want to look better in my clothes and try to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I've been doing this for a week, and so far it's seemed easy. I'm afraid to weigh myself. I'm very determined to stick with the MFP program.

Any recomendations?

~Andrea
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It's awsome.. It works and there is a lot of support here. not only for weight loss but just in general. Stlck to It. It really does work. WELCOME and Have PATIENCE :bigsmile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome Andrea :flowerforyou:

You will be successful here because you are wanted here...because you can inspire others.
    A great goal to have...isn't it??!! :happy:

One small change each week will help...my sugg. for this week is to go with hubby and get a GOOD pair of properly fitted walking sneakers. If you don't have an IPOD then begin saving up to buy one.
    Just by making this one small change...begin walking 10 min...then 15...etc. You will feel soooo proud of yourself and build up your stamina.

Get your groove on...and GO!! :glasses:

From the :heart: of one former "Jersey GIrl" to another. :wink:

I know you know..."born to run...LOL"! :laugh:

Build every day on your success by taking just one more step. :tongue:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome AKH137! Just as spaul82478 has said, this site IS awesome. I have learned so much from everyone here. I am certain, if you stick around that you will do just fine. Best of wishes to you on your goals.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    From one new girl to another... Congratulations on taking that first step! I know if you're walking alone its kind of dangerous, but I highly suggest an MP3 player (of any kind) to help with the exercise.

Also, there's a book I've been reading that sounds like it might be right up your alley...its called "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to drop two, four (or more) dress sizes - and find yourself along the way!" by Lisa Delaney.

Very insightful and funny book, doesn't make you feel like a lazy slob for being over weight. She actually talks about the love of "food" ...like the idea of the food and the feelings behind it...instead of the actual food itself.

Good Luck!
  • AKH137
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement and suggestions!!

I still have 60 pounds to go, but I feel more like I can do it now.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Andrea there are many of us who feel the same as you do about ourselves so know you are not alone! Reading your message sounds just like me from grade school on so I completely understand and sympathize.

Whatever you do don't give up, stay with this site and do your daily entries because it really does work. I have noticed for me personally that putting in my daily food has helped me stay completely honest even when I know I went over my daily calorie count.

So far I have lost a little over 5 lbs by staying honest and yes doing the excercise! It is hard at first but the longer you stay with this you will lose weight. I was shocked this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I lost 5 lbs!

Andrea I know you can do this! Look at yourself in the mirror and see what a beautiful woman you are no matter what! You have our total support always!:bigsmile: