Losing 20-30 before I turn 40

Options
I'm turning 40 in October and I want this year to be my healthiest yet. I have been a member of MFP for awhile, but I can't seem to stay committed and motivated. I am hoping that getting involved with the MFP community will help. I am looking for some friends who would be willing to form a network to help support and motivate each other.

Replies

• ronellemook
    ronellemook Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    40 the magical number :) I turned 40 last year and my goal was to 40/40 (lose 40 by 40) however, due to unexpected medical issues with my husdband, I ended up turning to comfort food and gained 10. But this year, is different! I am determined by 41 to lost the 40 and go a step further and be below a certain number by my 41st birthday at the end of July.

Beginning January 3rd of this year, I started once again with MFP and have continued like a safety net to log log log... You know the saying after 21 days a habit breaks, well -- after 21 days a habit starts in my book! I now feel guilty if I fail to log, or if I want to cheat so it looks better, the guilt weighs very heavy, because I am only hurting myself.

Reach for the stars, because YOU CAN DO IT!! If you want to be hot for YOU at 40, you can make it happen and your husband will only think you look sexier than you do today..

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in June - I'd love to be at or pretty damn close to my goal weight by then!

Two years ago, I lost about 50 pounds and just stopped. I didn't gain too much back - about 10 pounds - but I didn't finish what I started either. This year I am determined to!
  • karinwillrock40
    karinwillrock40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm considering taking up the habit of long distance running. I've never been a runner, but I admire those who are and I think once I can get past a couple of miles, I may start enjoying it. Training for a 10k by my birthday might be a fun goal.
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Turned 41 and have been saying 40 will be my healthiest, but this past two years has had it's up and down. So 'I'm back and would love to have people go through this journey with me.