Newbie from O-H!

Options
Hey everyone! I just joined the site yesterday :) I absolutely love it so far and plan to use this tool to my advantage very frequently! It really makes counting calories effortless. I never kept up with my exact calorie count before because of how time consuming it would be to check every label, break it down into measurements, and write every little consumption down! It even has cocktail beverages on the menu which will be really helpful (just like once a week!!! lol). I've got to work off the damage I did by living at college and turning 21... I've been working on this since last summer and I'm determined to keep going! I'm disciplined with my diet (although I've got a major sweet tooth!) and make sure to squeeze workouts in as often as possible (mostly cardio, yoga, and P90X). It can be difficult to do that with full time school AND work but I do try my hardest!

Some things about me.. My main goal is TRY to be the best that I can be in every aspect. At the age of 22 i think I've tried every diet on the market by now! It's been quite a series of ups and downs! However, I think I've finally gotten a grasp on the whole thing and know how my body will react to different diets and exercises. At one point I even hired a trainer for 3 days a week with "fat burning" as my objective, and what happened? I GAINED weight in muscle very quickly from all the circuit training&lifting my body wasn't used to. I've never been really overweight but I've never in my life experienced being thin or really in-shape. I'm curvy and thankfully proportional which makes it easy to settle and get "comfortable" with my figure. I'm READY to lose the unwanted insecurity/setback that has existed my whole life..and to not be insecure about whether my outfit is "flattering" to my figure...and to no longer be jealous of my model-figure friends who get to prance around confidently in their bikinis. People always tell me that once you know how it feels to be thin and fit, it's much easier to get back to your ideal weight because you know how good it feels. I've never felt that before and I am more than ready to! :):)

What are some great tips for burning through a plateau?? Maybe add some lifting?
What lower-calorie beverages do you suggest for the occasional night out? (I've been told diet and Bacardi is the safest)
Is there a myfitnesspal app for the blackberry?

Please feel welcome to throw any comments, suggestions, motivation, and tips my way! I'll be sure to return the positive feedback :) Thanks!

Kel :heart:

Replies

• Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Weight training an interval cardio. Keep your diet clean without soda or processed foods. Eat much protein and reduce carbs to 30-40% of your diet.
  • KDuckGirl
    KDuckGirl Posts: 32
    Options
    Doc! I assure you my diet is cleaner than any 22 year old you've met :) I don't ever drink soda and I gave up the processed foods. I used to rely on lean cuisines to do the job when I lived at college and didn't realize at the time how high the sodium was in them! What do you think about frozen veges? Sometimes I will microwave frozen broccoli and eat that with some spray butter!

For my 1,200 Calorie diet my log says I need a minimum of 47 grams of protein and today I had 98 grams! I went over by 51 grams of protein! Is that a good thing? I wasn't sure if there needs to be a limit on the protein. It looks like my carbs for today were at about 40% of my diet. Back when the "Adkins" thing was huge I succeeded wonderfully at that diet! My only obstacle is this sweet tooth of mine!! That's really the only kind of craving a fight in this battle is like chocolate or ice cream but thank goodness I've got willpower! haha

Thanks!
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Protein is good! Carbs in excess very bad!