Seeking Binge Buddy

Options
Hi everybody! I've been on MFP since June (almost 4 months). I started off GREAT, quickly losing 9 pounds (from 131 to 122). Over the last two months, my weight has been fluctuating, but with a general trend upwards. That's because since late August, I've gotten right back into my binge patterns.

I'm at a total loss. I don't want to join OA because I'm a hardcore atheist and I don't want to do the 12 steps (I went through the program once for drugs and alcohol and I hated it but ended up overcoming those addictions on my own and with other non-AA help). I've read a few books, but nothing seems to help me. Every single day if I have ANY time alone, I binge. It's pretty much guaranteed. And that sucks.

[A binge for me consists of any out-of-control eating. Typically my binges are anywhere from 300 to 2000 calories.]

So I'm looking for a binge buddy. Maybe we can help each other work through this. Here are the requirements:
1. Live in the United States, preferably eastern time zone (I'm in Ohio)
2. Be willing to exchange phone numbers with me (preferably only for texting)
3. Be between the ages of 25-35. I'm 27.
4. Be at a normal or underweight BMI. Mine is 18.7.
5. Be ok with having an atheist, vegan, metalhead friend :)
6. Preferably have issues with addiction in general, but if not, that's totally fine!
7. Be of any gender or sexuality.

So if you are interested, feel free to respond here in the forum, message me, or friend request me. Thanks!!

Replies

• metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump! ...any takers?
  • JFGleason
    Options
    Really weird, I was just having a discussion via text with someone about how I think I might be a binge eater when I get depressed, and then I saw this topic on my homepage.

1. Live in the United States, preferably eastern time zone (I'm in Ohio) - I am also in Ohio.
    2. Be willing to exchange phone numbers with me (preferably only for texting) - sounds fine
    3. Be between the ages of 25-35. I'm 27. - Turn 27 in a week and change.
    4. Be at a normal or underweight BMI. Mine is 18.7. - I fail this one pretty badly, mainly due to binge eating. I used to run 30 miles a week, before I had back surgery.
    5. Be ok with having an atheist, vegan, metalhead friend :) - Amon Amarth is my favorite band. I am a Christian, but I don't force my beliefs on others. Sure it won't be a problem but I don't want to misrepresent myself.
    6. Preferably have issues with addiction in general, but if not, that's totally fine! - Not especially, outside of food.
    7. Be of any gender or sexuality. - Yup.

If you are still looking for someone feel free to send me a msg here and we can exchange numbers.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump xo
  • tlnm158
    tlnm158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am totally up for a binge buddy! I am 23, 135ish pounds, and a vegetarian. I was a vegan for a year for ethical rather than health reasons, but had too many problems with binging so I decided to become vegetarian again. Unfortunately..this binge problem follows me! It shows up especially when I have stress/other emotional chaos in my life. I'm usually a good 10-12 pounds lighter, so I'd like to beat this. I'm in NM...but would definitely be willing to be text buddies. Let me know!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Too many requirements.