Ladies, how many Cup sizes have you lost?

Options

Replies

• squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    4'11, went from spilling out of 36DD at 148lbs to still not properly fitting in 32DDD/34DD at 120lbs.

I have SFW pictures on my profile. At 36DD my breasts took up the majority of my torso and even stuck out along the sides a bit, getting in the way of my arms. Now they take up less of my torso but are still pretty large considering my body proportions. Even when I was 97lbs in high school I was still a 34D :\

Edit: last time I weighed myself my boyfriend snuck up behind me and lifted up my boobs and the scale dropped about 4lbs :P
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 1 cup with half a stone (pre mfp) they are always the first thing to go :(
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 pounds, but my bras are already feeling loose in the cups. Of course I've heard of that happening, but I didn't expect it to happen to me since I didn't exactly start with a large chest (36C).
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Started at a tight 44C..just bought a new bra..40B..after 89.8 lb weightloss.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I went from a D to a C.....

E7EC9F60-762F-4BE0-BEE7-8CEDE1A15C4A-2336-000001F32B21FC3C.jpg

Sucks but I gues..... I still need to lose more body fat so this baby's will be gone in the next year......
  • watergirlri
    watergirlri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've lost band inches, but not boob... so my cup size has gone up. I'll probably end out getting a reduction after I finish losing weight. I like having a bigger top, but this is getting crazy.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started out at UK 36HH and am now about a UK 32G. That's about 5 cup sizes with about 40lb lost, so maybe one size every 8 lb?

Just to explain about the cup sizes, because I often see it misunderstood on these forums .... the cup size changes according to the band size. A "D" cup isn't a particular size. I think that because the cups and chest band are measured seperately, people imagine that a 36D is a band with two D cups attached. But actually, there's no such thing as a D cup without a band size. The cups on a 36D bra are the same as the larger cup size on the band below. So the cups on a 36D are the same as the cups on a 34E, a 32F, a 38C and a 40B. The 32F woman does not have bigger breasts than the 40B woman. She is just narrower beneath the bust.

That goes some way to explain how people can lose bust size without losing their cup size. Someone who has gone from a 40D to a 36D has actually gone down two cup sizes (i.e. has breasts that are two sizes smaller), even though both cup sizes are called "D".

It's complicated because UK and US and other regional sizing is different, and sometimes double letters are used for a full size up (why?) and different manufacturers seem to have different sizing. But I think that increasing the cup size in relation to the band size is fairly constant. I know I haven't explained it very well, but hopefully it makes some sort of sense!

This explanation of the meaning of cup sizes and band sizes is utter NONSENSE! :noway:
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and at 170lbs I was a 36E/F, now at 120lbs I think I'm a 30C since my D cups are starting to feel loose :( I don't have money to buy yet another collection of bra sizes!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i haven't lost any cup sizes..but the band got smaller.
    i was a 34-DD and i am now 32DD.
    (thank God for implants)
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lost about 17 lbs., still a 32G...but I should be fitted again. I'm almost sure a 30 band is better for me, but "larger" cup. My actual breast mass is still the same :smile:
  • Rocksiren
    Rocksiren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All my sisters and my mom were busty. Then I lost weight after high school and have been to a size B I guess. Now Im kind fo between B and C.
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been fitted in a long time so I was under the impression that I would just up the band size when I gained weight. Then I was breast feeding I wore a lot of shapless bras. When I stopped a year ago I was at my heaviest non-pregnant weight and wore a 48C. I FINALLY got around to buying new bras this weekend since the old ones were so big and silly looking (I could fit my hand between the cup and actual boob). I tried on more C cups with a smaller band and they were still uncofortable. I finally went UP a cup to a D and I love it, I haven't felt so good in a bra in YEARS.
    Before/48C (NFSW): http://i.imgur.com/4w7Ng.jpg?1
    Now/44D (Slightly NSFW): http://i.imgur.com/VVGmDhx.jpg (notice the before can't contain my side fat? Now I'm all smoothed out.
    Pics are from the Body Transformation Fitness Challenge (u/n Mamaheadbang)
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started to try to lose weight at 5'6, 175 lbs and a size 38 GG. I am now, 161 lbs and I can definitely tell that my boobs have shrunk, but not by a whole lot. I haven't gotten fitted recently, but I know I am at least a 36, I would say probably still an E though. I have had a large chest ever since I can remember, I had to get a training bra when in first grade :( Used to play sports in highschool and I was still a DD then too. After having kids is when it rocketed up to a GG. I don't think any amount of hard work I do trying to get the weight off will help me lose much more weight in the boob area, lol. I think genes has a lot to do with that. I just posted progress pictures in a thread a couple days ago if you are interested, "insanity and 5 month progress". I am in the process of getting a reduction right now actually. My doc already approved due to constant back/shoulder/neck pain. I like reading this thread because I can see I am not the only one!! Thanks OP! :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Went from a *spilling out of the sides* DD to a *barely fits* D. Its sad really...much more and I am going to look like I have tube socks with golf balls in them!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    acually none! :noway: they arnt so full so to speek still DD :bigsmile: but lost tons of inches around the chest :bigsmile:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I started out at UK 36HH and am now about a UK 32G. That's about 5 cup sizes with about 40lb lost, so maybe one size every 8 lb?

Just to explain about the cup sizes, because I often see it misunderstood on these forums .... the cup size changes according to the band size. A "D" cup isn't a particular size. I think that because the cups and chest band are measured seperately, people imagine that a 36D is a band with two D cups attached. But actually, there's no such thing as a D cup without a band size. The cups on a 36D bra are the same as the larger cup size on the band below. So the cups on a 36D are the same as the cups on a 34E, a 32F, a 38C and a 40B. The 32F woman does not have bigger breasts than the 40B woman. She is just narrower beneath the bust.

That goes some way to explain how people can lose bust size without losing their cup size. Someone who has gone from a 40D to a 36D has actually gone down two cup sizes (i.e. has breasts that are two sizes smaller), even though both cup sizes are called "D".

It's complicated because UK and US and other regional sizing is different, and sometimes double letters are used for a full size up (why?) and different manufacturers seem to have different sizing. But I think that increasing the cup size in relation to the band size is fairly constant. I know I haven't explained it very well, but hopefully it makes some sort of sense!

This explanation of the meaning of cup sizes and band sizes is utter NONSENSE! :noway:

In what way is it nonsense? I know I didn't explain very well and I understand that there may be regional variations, so it might not apply in all countries (and different countries size differently too). And different manufacturers vary too, as I mentioned. But usually, if you picked the same bra in a 30D and a 40D off the rack and looked at the size of the actual cup, the 40D would have a bigger cup.

Maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement explains it better: "Bra cup size is relative to the band size, as the actual volume of a woman's breast changes with the dimension of her chest. The volume of a brassiere cup is the same for 30D, 32C, 34B, and 36A. These related bra sizes of the same cup volume are called sister sizes."

There's a blog post here which gives the cup volumes as well! http://www.venusianglow.com/2012/01/why-cup-size-is-relative-to-band-size.html (I don't know how accurate it is).

In other words, if you go from a 38C to a 34D the cup in the 34D is smaller, with a smaller underwire and a smaller volume. It helps to explain why some people seem to be going up in size even though they're losing weight.

This is just from what I've read (being busty encourages you to do your research!) so it could be wrong, but from personal experience, dropping a band size means going up a cup size for the same fit in the cup. Is that not the way you would say it works?
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing my 38c bras but they are looser around body and in cup so I'm guessing I could go down a size maybe in both. I was a 36b when I was younger. Not really wear I wanted to loose the weight though lol
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a B, could probably really use an A, but I refuse LOL
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    One year I lost 50 pounds and not a single cup size. grrr. The women in my family are large breasted. Even my little sister who is 6 foot and 160 pounds has a full C/D cup.

I'm a DDD now and stayed a DDD when I lost all that weight. I hope if I lose 100 pounds, I'll be a DD.
  • PaulaJPatrick
    PaulaJPatrick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 50 pounds and my chest has not gone down at all. Started as a 40 DDDD and I am now a 34 GG. Would love to have gone down there also, but I don't see it happening unless I pay for them to be reduced.