A New Beginning

Options
Hi There, From Fresno, Ca,

I turned 48, Yikes, in Oct & I am 40 over weight & out of shape...Boo

Hand a good run tho.....I was a size 5 until the age 40, then I just let myself go !!!
I am now a size 12 Eeeek !!!

Got Remarried, Happy & content, Now Im a mess !!!

I just cannot keep dong this , I till see that skinny girl in my mind, I still grab clothes
to small for me off the rack !!! I

I joined the gym a yr ago but never got my diet on tract. & Guess what, LOL, NOTHING has happened.
Surprise, Surprise , Oh sure I have toned up and the weight has shifted & moved around, but
Nothing on the scale. & Im still a size 12 Waaaaa

Well, thats my sad story .. My Best to you all

Tracy :))

Replies

• jallenjax
    jallenjax Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. It sounds like you're motivated. You can do it.
  • ttgreat
    Options
    Thank You Soo Much !!!!!

Best to you as well !!!
  • dlmcgo
    dlmcgo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will be 48 in June with over 50 lbs to loose. My short-term goal is 2 lbs per week so that I can be down 40 lbs by August 1st. I know that's 23 weeks away and that would be 46 lbs but I want to allow for those weeks that I don't get 2 lbs off (like this past week). I'm PROUD of the 7 lbs lost! I'm doing 45 min - 60 min of cardio 4 - 5 days a week. I know that's not a lot but I am increasing the resistance and pace each week. Considering I went from nothing to something is more important to me then the amount of time (for now, anyway).

I'm married (20 years March) have two daughters 26 and 13. Had 2 heart attacks and a stroke in 2006 caused by an undiagnosed birth defect. Getting my deficits back has been priority one for a long time. I now can walk and talk but my right arm and hand are still an issue. I've gotten used to doing things one-handed now. Things were pretty rough in te beginning especially since my "bad side" was my dominant side.

It's now time to get fit! I can do this ad so can you!!!!