After my 3 month break...

Options
I am ready to get the rest of my weight off and continue my healthy, happy lifestyle ....

I started back in May 2012 at the weight of 206 lbs!! By the end of 2012, I was down to 151 lbs! It was the most amazing feeling ever!! I took a break over the holidays and winter because I felt I deserved it. I now know that was not a smart choice, because I tried in January to restart my journey and failed hardcore... causeing me to put on 5-6 lbs.

I currently am weighing in at 157 this morning and it is time I get back on the horse. I have a vacation planned with my entire family in June and would love to be at my final goal of 140lbs by then. I know this is attainable, I just need to stay motivated and determined like I was last summer!

I am going to be starting 30 day shred and logging my food again. Please wish me luck on my (hopefully) last journey until maintenance. I would appreciate any encouragement as that is why I did so well last time. The friends I made on here really helped me continue to work on my goals.... I will leave you with a before and after of my first round of MFP logging and excercising! :)

**edited to say I should have posted, I am 5'5" :)

beforeandafteroffavjeans.jpg
aftersfavjeansfront.jpg

Same jeans, Favorite jeans, cant wear them anymore... as you see they fall down, and my legs are too small now... :)

Hopefully my current jeans will have a similar before and after?? We'll see!

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Kind of in the same boat, gained back 6 lbs over the holidays, and I want to lose about 15 more total. January was very difficult for me for some reason but back on the straight and narrow now.
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great progress. A positive reason that you cannot wear them now! Keep it up!
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    Let's do it girl!! :)
  • H3TR0
    H3TR0 Posts: 87
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm amazed at how much weight came off yourg legs!! Did you do anything in particular or was that just part of your natural weight loss progression?

I ask because I have tree trunk thighs!!:embarassed:
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    Great progress. A positive reason that you cannot wear them now! Keep it up!

Thanks!!! I tried them on this morning and they are still too big, however, my love handles have krept back in my life :( ... But Jillian is famous for getting rid of those and I will lose em again!
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm amazed at how much weight came off yourg legs!! Did you do anything in particular or was that just part of your natural weight loss progression?

I ask because I have tree trunk thighs!!:embarassed:

I started out by walking and riding my bike... I walked or rode 5-6 miles every other day and just watched the amount of junk food I was eating... I no way whatsoever went on a diet though. I hate diets and could never stick to them... I continued to eat what I wanted, just in total moderation! ... After I got bored with walking and riding, I started 30 day shred...

Thats it though... no gym or crazy machines...
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    I carry my weight around my hips, thighs, and butt... so that is where most of my weight came off.
  • H3TR0
    H3TR0 Posts: 87
    Options
    I started out by walking and riding my bike... I walked or rode 5-6 miles every other day and just watched the amount of junk food I was eating... I no way whatsoever went on a diet though. I hate diets and could never stick to them... I continued to eat what I wanted, just in total moderation! ... After I got bored with walking and riding, I started 30 day shred...

That's awesome! :happy:
  • LCunkle83
    Options

That's awesome! :happy:

Thanks!! :)
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can do this my friend! The last pounds will go slowlier but with hard work, commitment and a few cheat days you will reach your goal, I know you can you it!
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    You can do this my friend! The last pounds will go slowlier but with hard work, commitment and a few cheat days you will reach your goal, I know you can you it!

Thanks for the encouragement and support!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    nice job!
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    THanks! :)
  • amydriesbaugh
    amydriesbaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Keep up the positive attitude and you shall succeed to your goal. Remember one day at a time and patience is a virtue! I think having your vacation as a goal will certainly help keep you on course. Great job on your success so far- you look great!!

BTW, we aren't too far from each other. I am in York,PA.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    30 day shred has amazing results if you stick with it, I love to hate that woman. Hang a vacation outfit in the hall of your house, look at it daily and stay focused.
    Heck, you know how to do it :smile:
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    Keep up the positive attitude and you shall succeed to your goal. Remember one day at a time and patience is a virtue! I think having your vacation as a goal will certainly help keep you on course. Great job on your success so far- you look great!!

BTW, we aren't too far from each other. I am in York,PA.

THank you!!!

No, youre like 20 minutes from me!!! Nice to meet ya!! :)
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    30 day shred has amazing results if you stick with it, I love to hate that woman. Hang a vacation outfit in the hall of your house, look at it daily and stay focused.
    Heck, you know how to do it :smile:

Oh yes, Jillian gets many nice choice profanities from me during the workout... but 30 ds is def a good toning routine!

Great idea to hang an outfit!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Stay focused. Maybe buy an outfit/swimsuit that you want to wear on vacation and keep it for motivation.

Love 30 DS, but have you tried Ripped in 30 or Shred it with Weights???? These two incorporate more resistance training. I can see the changes in my arms now and they keep me from getting bored.

You'll do great!!!
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you girl! We can do this! I started at 212 in Jan 2012. I lost 58lb and got down to 154 By Jan 2013. However, a little break put me back up to 159. My goal is to be between 140-145 by July 4th. i think we both have very attainable goals! Good luck!
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    You can totally do it! Stay focused. Maybe buy an outfit/swimsuit that you want to wear on vacation and keep it for motivation.

Love 30 DS, but have you tried Ripped in 30 or Shred it with Weights???? These two incorporate more resistance training. I can see the changes in my arms now and they keep me from getting bored.

You'll do great!!!

I do have ripped in 30, but have not attempted it yet... Do you think that tones all over like 30ds?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!