Jillian Shred 2 -- anyone else partaking in the pain??

Options
So I've been doing Jillian's Shred 2 workout -- the 20 minute one. I'm doing it off of my FitTV and am wondering if it is the same as the DVD? And what does everyone else think of it?

Also, what move kicks your butt?? Mine is the low squat where she raises the weights in front. Ouch! I still can't do it for the whole time.

Tonight I wore my HRM and was excited to see that I burned 300 calories during the 20 minute workout. I ended it with a 20 minute walk/ run and felt like I got a great workout today!

Natalie is an inspiration -- she actually teaches a class at my gym and man, is she fit!

Replies

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing Jillian's Shred 2 workout -- the 20 minute one. I'm doing it off of my FitTV and am wondering if it is the same as the DVD? And what does everyone else think of it?

Also, what move kicks your butt?? Mine is the low squat where she raises the weights in front. Ouch! I still can't do it for the whole time.

Tonight I wore my HRM and was excited to see that I burned 300 calories during the 20 minute workout. I ended it with a 20 minute walk/ run and felt like I got a great workout today!

Natalie is an inspiration -- she actually teaches a class at my gym and man, is she fit!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi wanderinglight,
    I have been doing the shred workout for the last two weeks (I started with level 1 and am now on level 2) and I really like it alot......it is short enough that I don't try to talk myself out of doing it and so far I have lost 7 lbs. I don't know if it is the same workout as on your fitTV (I don't know what that is) but from the move you mentioned it sounds like it is either very similar or the same. The move that kicks my butt is the one where you are in a push up position and have to jump your legs forward and then back. Pairing that workout with a walk/run is a great idea and I am going to be adding that in the coming weeks. Keep up the good work :)

cathy
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Wandering! I'm doing it! It's going to help me break my plateau (positive thinkgin), and I'm already down an lb (okay, I peeked - I had to!).

I weigh in Monday (athough I going for a little vacay today which could kill it all) so we will see. I LOVE this workout - quick, fast moving, and good for those of us with ADHD!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to know if this Shred DVD has a lot of squats/lunges exercises...I have been trying to stay away from those. But I love Jillian's workouts, I have one that is only 20 mins but man it is hard!!!! I also have The Biggest Loser Cardio Max with all the 3 instructors. It is great!!!! I burn more than 400 calories when I do it, actually pretty close to 500 cals for 50mins.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I started the Shred on Monday. I did two days of Level 1 and didn't feel challenged enough so I moved on to Level 2. I like it alot and understand about the squat thrusts but I finish feeling really good and LOVE that it's only 20 minutes. Thanks, Wandering, for the heart rate info-I was wondering how to log it. I have been pairing the workout with walking or bike riding also cause 20 minutes feels like cheating to me....
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh yes...the dreaded squat thrusts. I have a hard time with those too.

I do love the workout, but I'm not doing it every day. I'm mixing it up with other stuff too, and have been doing it once or twice a week.

My only complaint is that I don't find the abs stuff very hard. Of course, that could be because I'm so happy that the cardio portion is done that I don't really work the abs super hard. Sometimes I'll follow it up with an abs workout from ExerciseTV.

Are you all doing it every day?
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I just got this DVD 2 days ago. I would recommend this one to anyone! I love it!
    I did levels 1 and 2 yesterday and can hardly move today. It's been a long, long time since a workout has made me sore.
    Get this DVD ladies! It's cheap and soooo effective.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm still loving it too!!!! I LOVE that I feel sore the next day, after a mere 20 minute workout!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

highly recommend...