1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups

How to Make:
1.Preheat oven to 350
2.Grease your loaf pan (I used an 8 x 4 pan) with butter or shortening.
3.In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
4.In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
5.Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVER-STIR.
6.Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
7.Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8.Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.

Notes:
if you notice the bread browning too fast, lower the temperature down to 325° and loosely tent it with foil.
if you over-stir the batter the texture will be crumbly, so make sure not to over-stir!

Adapted via cookiesandcups.com

Replies

• ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Sounds insanely good!
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    This sounds AMAZING! Thanks!
  • donaines
    donaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump for my dad's birthday--he would love this!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted to try the PB2 powdered peanut butter for baked goods such as this because of its greatly reduced calorie and fat count compared to real peanut butter. I wonder how it might turn out. I imagine you'd have to somehow increase the wet ingredients.Just thinking out loud...
  • seakittyfish
    seakittyfish Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted to try the PB2 powdered peanut butter for baked goods such as this because of its greatly reduced calorie and fat count compared to real peanut butter. I wonder how it might turn out. I imagine you'd have to somehow increase the wet ingredients.Just thinking out loud...
    I am thinking the same thing about trying the PB2. I personally would not add any more wet ingredients. I would just mix the pb2 into it's peanut butter form with the amount water that would make it like the regular peanut butter. That should do the trick because you already have the oil in the recipe. I am diabetic so I would have to transform some of the sugar into stevia. I definitely would have to use the sugar free Reese's cups.
    Love the recipe sounds so good ! I really would like to know if anyone does try the pb2, how it turns out ♥
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is probably very yummy, but I can imagine it has a high calorie content.
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options