42yo with 60lbs to loose

Options
Hi,I'm Ruth a 42 year old woman with about 60lbs to loose .Now its getting warmer in UK I really need to get some weight off ,I hate getting hot and sweaty just by walking dogs and grooming ponies.I have used fitness pal before on my ipod with good results but now thats broke I'm using my laptop and dicovering the community for the first time.

Replies

• Dianne66
    Dianne66 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hiya Ruth, there's no time like the present hey! Good luck :smile:
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi there .. good luck in your quest ... I know what you mean about the hot weather ... and what a scorcher it was this weekend!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi Ruth,

I'm close to your age and I've lost close to your weight so I'm proof it can be done. Add me as a friend if you need some motivation :smile:
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome, on the forums there's great advice and plenty of people from the UK too!

Good Luck

462387.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Ruth...i've got the same goal, and i'm 43!
    I'm loving the encouragement i get on here, this site keeps me focused and more important, accountable for what i eat...so well done for starting....lets hit 45 looking super sexy and slim!
  • HollyBonns
    HollyBonns Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there, yep, with you all the way. I'm 43 and need to lose 66 pounds according to the BMI scales. I have lost 8.2kilos so far (18 pounds). I have only joined MFP in the past 3 weeks or so.

Exercising in the heat can be hard work and quite draining. I must admit I am having a chuckle at reading about heat from you folk in England - I live in Australia where it is hot, hot, hot. Although we are coming into our winter and the cold is proving troublesome for me as it is really uncomfortable going outside in the cold. I guess it comes down to what you are used to. To avoid the heat, people get up really early and train here, eg 4.45am-5am.

Good luck on your journey. I loved reading other people's comments particularly those that have lost lots of weight so far.

All the best.
  • SugaNess
    SugaNess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Like to welcome you back and to let you know that what ever we put our minds to we can achieve it...ecspecially with a little encouragement and support. You are more than welcome to add me as a friend and we cane encourage and support one another with all the other support you will receive on this site. Good luck yo you...:smile:
  • ruth1297
    ruth1297 Posts: 11
    Options
    I know were just not used to the heat when we don't get it too often.
  • ruth1297
    ruth1297 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement,knowing I'm not alone in my quest has really given me a boost.I did ok the last time on mfp but hopefully with the community support I will do better this time.:smile:
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    Ruth,

I just joined this site. I had never heard about it until today, and yours was the first post I saw. I, too, am 42 and have about the same amount to lose! I was so excited to read your post and all of the replies. I can't tell you how many diets I've been on in the past, with varying degrees of success. I'm really trying hard NOT to think of this as a diet. This site has really got me pumped up with all of the cool tools. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Ruth. Last April I was 42 and weighed 204 lbs. I'm 5'1" so I was pretty big. Here it is one year later and I HAVE lost 60 lbs and am still losing. It CAN be done. Stick with it and keep the faith!! Good luck to you!