Peanut Butter! What's your favorite?

Options
124»

Replies

• ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I make it myself. Just throw roasted unsalted peanuts in a food processor and blend away..
  • dallas4u
    Options
    My favorite is Adams crunchy or the kind of peanut butter you can make yourself at the grocery store in the health food section with the grinding machine.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    In the uk theres only one option for me personally and its the whole earth peanut butters as they have no added sugar. Aa far as I can tell there arent any others widely available like this. And its so delicious. And got to be the crunchy one. Yum!

Yes - Whole Earth organic crunchy with no added sugar. Also, the palm oil in this brand is from a sustainable source, unlike many others.

You can get Peanut Butter and Co at Sainsbury's now: only ingredients peanut and salt. That's my favourite. Also got Smuckers once at, of all the bizarre places, Matalan :laugh:
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Kraft extra creamy! For the once in a blue moon I want the stuff - that's the stuff I want. So good!
    I knew your were canadian before i even looked to see lol
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have tried other kinds and nothing compares to Jif. Plus I have a little boy to keep happy and his weekend lunches always consist of a PB&J. So we've been using the Jif Natural. It still has that Jif taste and half the sodium (which matters to me bc I have borderline high BP).
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge peanut butter fan! I love anything from peanut butter and Co. Especially their dark chocolate dreams and white chocolate wonderful! I do like pb2 in my oatmeal and smoothies from time to time as well.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I like PB2. I like that I can take it in dry form on the go if I need to as well.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Basically any brand (most store brands have this, so you save on money) that is peanuts and salt only. I do love the idea of making it at home, but at the rate I use it, it's not terribly expensive to just buy.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    peanut butter & co

I've have bee's knees
    crunch time
    and cinnamon raisin swirl.

I'm not sure if anyone answered your question, but the reason earth balance is healthier is because it contains healthy fats from the coconut.
  • jasiie
    Options
    I'm allergic to Peanuts so I use the alternative. It's called I.M. Healthy Soynut Butter, I've been told by others it taste just like peanut butter. I love the taste.
  • lovetoruninNC
    Options
    Trader joes crunchy unsalted pb! Mmmmm

Me too! I didn't realize until recently that pb really does not need pb!!!
  • xUnseenx
    xUnseenx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i am new to this, so please excuse me if im off base. i l love peanut butter but it seems to be high in fat so i cant personally justify killing my fat intake for a few tbs of peanut butter. someone enlighten me if im missing something. thanks.

side note: my fav flavor is trader joe's crunchy.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Meridian peanut butter, smooth.
    No added rubbish, just peanuts.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Laura Scudders -- peanuts and salt, that's all!

I also buy Laura Scudders.
    After eating the natural peanut butter for some months I can't go back to the stuff with added oils and sugar. I would have to eat so much more to satisfy my pb cravings.
  • tripful
    Options
    I also buy Laura Scudders.
    After eating the natural peanut butter for some months I can't go back to the stuff with added oils and sugar. I would have to eat so much more to satisfy my pb cravings.
    How great is eating whole quality fats! Getting back to whole foods will solve so many of our health problems, it's a beautiful thing! =)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    We usually get fresh ground peanut butter at a store near my parents. St. Laurent Brothers - they roast and grind the nuts in house. Salted, but not sugared. If I can't get that, then Smuckers Natural. Just peanuts oil and salt. I don't do reduced-fat versions and it doesn't need sugars.

After years of unsweetened peanut butter, the sweetened ones taste like candy when we have them.
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    Right now my favorite is Jiff Creamy Natural
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Does a bad tasting peanut butter even exist ???

Yes, and the bad ones are really horrible....