I need an answer!

Options
Hi there everyone,

I am looking for motivating people that are going to make me want to log on here every single day. I always fall away from diet or exercise plans because I lose motivation, and now I am at the point where I never want to start again, I want this weight loss journey to be one pathway. It gets harder every time to start again!

So please add me if you are like me, or the most driven person in the world, rain or shine you are motivated and have pushed yourself, because I need people like you around!

I also have a quick question about MYFP, when you gain more calories available to eat through your exercise, do you HAVE to consume them? Because I thought the main objective to weight loss was to burn more than you consume? If anyone could please answer I would be so grateful!

I don't know all that much about calories, I have never known how to eat healthy, I went through an eating disorder, and then I overcame that by eating too much, and now here I am. I have only ever eaten too little, or too much, but this is going to help me change.

Thank you so much you lovely people! I am so excited to start this journey with new people just like me, and follow the journey of some amazing success stories!

Love Amy

Replies

• Penguindeb
    Penguindeb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    I also had an eating disorder. My stomach will never be the same due to the damage it suffered. Eating helped soothe my tummy problems and I gained 80 pounds. I am looking to get my health back and increase my fitness level. I have a very supportive husband who is taking this journey with me. I also have friends and family that are on mfp also. I believe that you do not have to eat the calories you earn from exercise. If you are eating a good balance of food, the exercise is burning off your calories.

Debbie
  • Amyislosingweight
    Options
    Thank you so much Debbie, and I am glad there are more people like me out there, I am also so happy you have such an amazing support system!

To good health!
  • karinefournel
    karinefournel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

I'm also new on MYFP. I've never had a eating disorder but I've been battling my weight for many years and I decided that it's time to shed it off. I'm usually pretty self-motivated when I have an idea in mind but having a few friends going through the same thing I am always helps me more to achieve my/their goals. My hubby supports me but his genetics favours him alot more than I do so losing weight for him is not an issue. If you need a push I would be more than happy to help you out.

As for the food calories you gain from exercises I found a MYFP article that explains it a bit more:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539912-why-eating-exercise-calories-is-so-important

If you want to be my friend I'll be more than happy to help you out. If not, I'm happy to have meet you.

Good luck to all,
    Karine
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP every day. I'd love to help encourage you along your journey. Feel free to add me if you need some encouragement or a gentle kick in the pants to keep you moving in the right direction. It's not easy, but it's worth it. You're not alone! :flowerforyou: