Practice Happiness

Options
Practice happiness. :wink:

Some people can't forget the past. Others are always looking toward the future but precious few ever focus on "now."

How can a life be lived to the fullest if you are never happy in the moment? Not forgetting where you came from and still planning for your future, you can choose to make the most of the present moment. If you treat each moment with a positive attitude, you will look back upon a satisfying and full life. There is no time like the present to begin being happy.

Action for the day: You can choose to be happy. Today, treat each moment as an opportunity to express your happiness in some way.

© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved.

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    love this, thanks for sharing!:happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this encouragement and motivation for the day! I am going to focus on "being in the moment."
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Spoken like a true Yogi!

Here is something I pulled from Eckhart Tolle's book, "The Power of Now."

"If you focus on the path, or the work that you are doing to reach your goal, your life will be much more fullfilling. Therefore, If you live in the now or the present, rather than focused on the future, your joy would have no end."

What a great way to start the week. Thanks times a million for posting this Mollie!
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I read a quote today, it said:

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination".
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts to add...

An oldie but a goodie: The past is gone, the future may not be but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.

Another thought....I was at a conference this weekend and one of the topics was on joy in the midst of suffering and here is what I walked away with. Joy is not only an emotion to be protected but a virtue to be practiced!
  • SugaNess
    SugaNess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a true fact...thanks for sharing...