I don't eat Veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you tried juices? Like V8 or Tropicana Farmstand or Northland? Just make sure that when it says 100% juice that it's actually juice, read the labels. Most of those have 1-2 servings of fruits and veggies in them and taste pretty good. Also, have you tried all natural veggie chips? I don't know what grocers you have in your area but places like Earth Fare, Fresh Market, Whole Foods usually carry "potato chips" made with tomato and spinach and sometimes sweet potato. They're usually lower cal than regular potato chips and don't have any yucky additives and are pretty tasty. Now, I'm not saying to down a whole bag of those for veggies but a serving here and there might help you sneak in some veg.
  • tanyad31
    Options
    I do like the Vegie Chips, they had them at Costco to sample and I bought the big box that had the individual bags. I tried v8 once but maybe I'll go buy some today and try it again. Thanks again everyone I will try your recipes. :smile:
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat veggies, what do you eat? Just like.. meat and potatoes? Pasta?

I incorporate veggies into everything and can hardly think of a meal that doesn't include any...

Chop them up so you don't know they're there, like in meat sauces etc. ?
  • fkwilhelm
    fkwilhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think cheating veggies into your meals is a good thing - it is usually done with little kids but it works on adults, too. Also, mushrooms which are quite meaty are a great transition.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I didn't like most veggies for a long time either. I realized my mom always microwaved them so I didn't like the texture. I agree with trying different ways. I prefer roasted veggies with a little olive oil, salt and peppper. Or broiled. I also add them into smoothies. I sneak in extra spinach or kale into a smoothie with greek yogurt and banana and strawberries...or the combinations of fruit are endless and you can't taste the veggies. No supplement will substitute for veggies, plus you get more volume for the calories so you stay full. I don't eat as many as I should but I try to eat one with dinner and have a lot of salads for my lunches. When you are hungry enough you will eat it.

My faves are zucchini and spinach because they are versatile. A good one skillet meal or stir fry with meat and rice and stuff is a good way to eat the veggies because they are all together and end up tasting like what you cooked it in. Find the least offensive ones and start trying them.
  • tanyad31
    Options
    If you don't eat veggies, what do you eat? Just like.. meat and potatoes? Pasta?

I incorporate veggies into everything and can hardly think of a meal that doesn't include any...

Chop them up so you don't know they're there, like in meat sauces etc. ?

Exactly I eat Meat, Potatoes, and pasta. I do make veggies for the kids and my husband but I just don't eat them.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love to juice veggies. Plus, when you add fruits to them they taste sweet. You get the best of both worlds in one glass.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There are so many types of veggies out there...are you sure you hate ALL of them? Try different ones, cooked and seasoned in different ways, until you find what you like... you're bound to like SOME of them.

Totally this ^^^^^^^^

I have not enjoyed a LOT of veggies that I've tried, but there's a few that I can tolerate in certain circumstances and about three that I absolutely love.
  • emanda1964
    Options
    Shakeology its the best out there if you can afford it. I did for a while and i totally loved it and loved the way it made me feel. Unfortunately i cant afford it right now but the moment im out of my financial troubles will be the first thing to buy. You should really look into it http://www.shakeology.com/
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    You better get to adjusting your taste buds then.....and your self control, right? OK, how about tomato and pepper? Corn, peas, onion and carrots in brown fried rice? Avocado on toast..... guacamole?
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just find a way to love them without dropping all that money on premade shakes. I would suggest trying some different ones, move on if you hate the taste. If you hate the texture, try to make them a different way. I loath cooked carrots and any type of steamed greens, but I love them all raw. Try to mix them into other dishes slowly rather than just a side. For example, Kale seems SO weird to me, but I love it in that toscana soup at Olive Garden. So I bought some and made the soup at home, at least it's a way to get it in and its a new vegetable for me. You can also mix green beans with potatoes, or cook them together so the seasoning can rub off on them and make them taste better. There are ways to introduce them to a diet. I would also suggest finding a few ones you love and eat those all the time (mine are onions, carrots, bell pepper and any lettuce). I'm pretty picky about my veggies/ fruits so I tend to eat the ones I like all the time.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL my veggies as soups. Or you could call it a hot smoothie!

Yesterday for example I made mushroom, broccoli and cabbage soup. The main flavour when I ate it was mushroom. I always stir a tablespoon of cream in, and it tastes a bit like potato, too. I also sprinkle dill on top.

I recommend it to people who hate veg. it's just a hot, tasty drink!