What workout DVD's would you recommend??

Options
I hate, hate, hate the gym... Mainly because I'm self conscious of my weight. So, I figured working out at home... Is still working out. I've looked into P90x, Insanity, and the Jillian Michaels DVDs and I just wanted to know if any of those... or any other ones work... and actually show results. Pictures and success/failure stories are welcome!! Please help! :)

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    30 day shred has great success. Check the NSV board :wink:
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have only tried Jillian Michael;s. 30DS, RI30, and her Body Revolution. I have not found one that I do not like. I have not lost much weigh on any of these, but lost inches, and feel much stronger. My favorite is the BR. It has such a variety of workouts.
  • hayz182
    Options
    I actually started the 30 day shred today. I did it this morning and couldn't believe how out of shape I really am. But I was able to get through the whole exercise. I'm posting result photos every 7 days until I'm finished. You can follow along if you'd like at my blog @ www.haleedawn.com :) I also like Julianne Hough's dance workout DVD's!
  • lexusowens1
    Options
    Yeah, my mom recommended Jillian. But shes kinda.. umm.. Intimidating? Dance workouts?? Hmm. I haven't looked into Julianne Hough yet. I might have to. :) Thanks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com will give you video clips & reviews .... there are hundreds of exercise videos ... something for most. Collage Video will tell you what equipment is needed, fitness level, impact level, if choreography is complicated, etc.

Kelly Coffey Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVDs are great

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/kelly-coffey-meyer-exercise-videos-107

Ellen Barrett DVDs .... really fun

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/ellen-barrett-exercise-videos-148

Also Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love the Tapout XT program. It's got great variety. I lost 27# in 90 days doing it 6 times a week. I have a bunch of the Jillian Michaels DVD's. I'd say they're probably effective, but it's super boring to do the same thing every single day and she can be a bit abrasive/annoying for my taste. I also have Zumba, but after doing the tutorial twice, I fear that I am too uncoordinated to ever be able to pull it off. Tapout is the only one I've been able to stick with.
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find the one I like best are Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs. It is a low impact aerobic walk that uses this stretch belt that cinches around the waist. After about a year my belt - the stretchy part - broke and I replaced it with stronger bungee cords - what a difference. It's like doing aerobics and strength training at the same time. 3 mile dvd is a good workout and burns like 515 calories in 45 minutes.