Getting back in the groove after a bad weekend

Options
Have been using MFP for about a month or so now. Really doing better now that I am seeing what I am eating and being held accountable for it. Does anyone have any positive advice on how to get back on the horse after a bad weekend? I logged everything I ate (even when I went over). Having a hard time getting back to good eating and exercising today because i am down on myself. Compare pictures of myself sometimes (bad habit) and I think that is why I am discouraged. CW: 129.5 GW: 124

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just put it behind you and hop back on the wagon. Beating yourself up will do you more harm than good. When I feel like I am being bad or am going to be bad, I up my exercise. Yesterday, my husband was making a yummy meal that I wanted to eat. So I made myself go to the gym and swim for 35 minutes. I knew that burning those calories were going to help me stay on track and still be able to enjoy my yummy meal. Just start over today and move forward!
  • SheilaDotson72
    Options
    I am not happy with the way I ate & drank over the weekend. Tomorrow is my birthday and in the past I would have just said heck with it and eaten bad all week long. I spent some time online looking for new healthy snack ideas yesterday and made a trip to the store to stock up on good stuff and flavored water. I'm all set and back on track this morning.

We have to be realistic that we aren't going to be perfect each day, but the good thing is every day is a fresh start.

Hang in there and I hope you have a great week!
  • pebrutto
    Options
    thank you ladies! i appreciate the feedback. this is my first time posting in the forums. it is good to hear from others dealing with the same thing. i put on about 30 pounds my first year of college and after working very hard to lose it, i always have a fear of getting back to my olds ways. i am glad you are both getting back on track after bad weekends also, and hope i can do the same and remain realistic too! fresh start :) good luck!