p90x

Options
That P90x is kicking my *kitten*. I just started my 3rd week. Ive been able to keep up with the weight training and the plyometrics but I havent been able to hit all 6 of my workout days. My body has needed an extra day or 2 to recover. Im thinking about adding an extra week of phase 1 to make up for it. Anybody have any thoughts?

Replies

• macjam22
    macjam22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did that a few times while doing P90X. I would mix it up (like repeating a week) or adding some of the "recovery" workouts to the normal week to allow my body to rest. I don't feel like it threw me off or hurt me any. Some might say not sticking to the workouts exactly as they are may be bad but I got great workouts in and felt good about it.
  • Firefrog76
    Firefrog76 Posts: 45
    Options
    \I have not done P90x, am starting it soon though. And due to my schedule I will be modifying the workout to suit my personal needs. I don't see a problem with taking an extra day to heal or an extra week or two to finish the program. You should still positive results from doing the workouts in the end, so whatever works for yuo, do it!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    stick with it and modify modify modify :)
  • Chavtastic
    Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is pretty hard, when you do it properly. It took me 2 weeks of soreness before it didn't 'hurt' so much. Early on I was so sore I couldn't do a proper lunge to save my life but I kept doing it. By my 5th week I just felt good and I'd dropped ten pounds (nice but i could actually start to SEE what my body should like when fit and that was more important). I struggled through weeks 5 through 7 because I actually have gotten bored. He talks too much so I put it on the music and directions mode but I still was bored and I must admit that doing it EVERYDAY for at least an HOUR is a bit burdensome sometimes (I mean the yoga dvd alone is 2 hours) as my day can get fully booked so I missed some days and would just pick up the next....or not. I'm on week 8 and while I've still got definition I haven't been pushing each workout enough. I've been opting to run on days when I can't be bothered to be held hostage in front of my tv for an hour.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    stick with it and modify modify modify :)

I agree with mworld! Just stick with the schedule, I had to modify also....but not anymore!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I am about to purchase this....how long do you have to workout daily?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I am about to purchase this....how long do you have to workout daily?
    An hour to an hour and a half, depending on the workout, six days a week.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I lightly call myself a runner, does this work well w/ p90x?