Frequent Headaches

Options
Lately, I've been finding myself having a headache almost 4 times a week. I never really used to get headaches at all and for them to be this often is kind of weird.
Could it be caused by my sudden change in diet, too few calories, or exorcise? Or nothing to do with my diet and exorcise?
I don't know what's causing it.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    Might help to open up your food diary if you think it might be food-related.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Headaches can be caused from numerous things. I tend to get headaches from lack of sleep, too few calories, not enough water, and stress.
  • pmalcolm
    pmalcolm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alot of headaches are caused by insufficient water. make sure you are having enough water.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It depends what and how much you're eating. Could be from eating too little, could be dehydration, could be your body detoxing from sugars or additives. Not enough info to make any kind of suggestions.
  • kk126
    kk126 Posts: 6
    Options
    My MFP tells me to eat 1200 cals/day. I tend to actually eat less than that. I changed my diet drastically, I now eat mainly fruits, veggies, chicken, whole grains. I cut out red meat, except for the occasional steak. Nothing greasy or majorly high in fat content .I have trouble drinking 8 cups of water a day because if I do I find myself in the restroom every 15 minutes.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My MFP tells me to eat 1200 cals/day. I tend to actually eat less than that. I changed my diet drastically, I now eat mainly fruits, veggies, chicken, whole grains. I cut out red meat, except for the occasional steak. Nothing greasy or majorly high in fat content .I have trouble drinking 8 cups of water a day because if I do I find myself in the restroom every 15 minutes.

If you eat less than 1200 calories a day, your body is starving and you probably have low blood sugar. Try actually netting at LEAST 1200 (I net at least 1300) and see how you feel.

ETA: Your body also needs fat to function. Try eating healthy fats, like nuts or avocados.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options

If you eat less than 1200 calories a day, your body is starving and you probably have low blood sugar. Try actually netting at LEAST 1200 (I net at least 1300) and see how you feel.

ETA: Your body also needs fat to function. Try eating healthy fats, like nuts or avocados.

^^^^^^^^ THIS
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Far far more headaches are caused by dehydration than most of us realize.

Personally, I know if I am not drinking enough water i end up waking up most mornings with a headache, and wondering 'why' before I realize.. oops! not getting enough water lately.

"Enough" for me is right up there with the recommended '1/2 your body weight in ounces'

ie: if you weigh 180 pounds you need 90 ounces of water a day

Now I realize that is not likely true for everyone, but for me, at the weight I am now... it definitely holds true.
  • jallenjax
    jallenjax Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're unsure it's it diet related then try charting the barometric pressure for a few weeks. Take notice how you feel when it drops. For me, if it gets below 30mb then a headache might be coming.