Hydroxycut??

Options
Hydroxycut anyone? I used to take it way back in the day, but I was basically taking it and doing nothing. So it did me no good...Now that I am working out and on my way towards getting my life straight healthwise, I was thinking about using it again (Properly this time). I know they have reformulated it to take out some of the bad stuff since I last took it. I just would like to get some opinions..
I am on week ten and am starting to hit a platueau. I feel I need that extra little boost....

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!! That stuff is damn near toxic in my opinion. I tried it like 7 years ago (stupidly) I felt like I was high on crack or something, I felt horrible. I think the main ingredient is caffeine, I shook constantly and felt like my heart would explode from my chest. Also a friend that was taking it had to be rushed the hospital b/c her heart was goin whacko!

If you wanna lose weight use natural metabolizing booster foods, eat right and exercise!!! Good luck!
  • tammy4720
    tammy4720 Posts: 11
    Options
    I would try to avoid taking it if you can. I tried that a few years ago and it made me IRRITABLE! Maybe you can try do a different type of exercise to get you over the hump.
  • jerseynomad
    Options
    Just a quick word on the quick fixes. About 15 years ago there was a weight loss drug called phem fen. It was pulled off the market in the 90's due to complications. I work in cardiac surgery and every now and then you get a patient with a destroyed heart valve from that drug., which needs to be replaced during open heart surgery. Who knows what we'll find out about Hydroxycut in the future. Simply put, there is NEVER a quick fix. Diet and excercise is always the best option
  • kcampbell111
    Options
    If it helps I tried it again myself last summer, and once you stop, whatever weight you think you lost you will gain back. They have changed their "formula", and it doesn't make you jittery (or at least it didn't make me jittery), and I did not find myself irritable. Bottom line, it just didn't work.

Try a Whey Protein shake instead, as a snack between two meals, and it might help. My trainer recommended that, and I have noticed a difference.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I second that---don't do it!
    One of my high school students decided to take it recently.
    In the middle of class, his heart began racing, he began sweating bullets, and he ran out of the room. He was shaking, too.
    I told him, "If it really worked, everyone would take it."
    He replied (in true teenage fashion), "But everyone is!"
    Who was everyone?
    "This guy I know...".
    Yeah. From what I understand, that stuff is pretty much speed.
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree plz don't do it!! If you need that extra boost try this:

6 oz. water
    4 ice cubes
    2 tablespoons whip cream (Light)
    6 oz.. coffee
    1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    Or use 12 oz. coffee and no water for an extra pre-workout or morning kick!
    you can pre make your coffee then add it to your mix or just scoop the coffee in it which is about 245 calories but worth it then the pills! I use to do the adipex pills it did wonders but it made me cranky and irritable which I didn't noticed until my bf at the time use to record me cause I didn't believe him and on top of that it slowed my lipido down..oh no!! I immediately stopped taking those and that was last year.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I do not like hydroxycut and it seems to be causing a lot of health issues lately.

Personally, I say do not take any supplements if possible, but if you feel you need to, then go for xendadrine!!!! I used to swear by that stuff, it works wonders. I stopped taking it b/c I decided I wanted to lose the weight all on my own, more satisfaction that way.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    to original poster, I would stay away from the stuff, but that's just me. Try getting in more natural boosters and see if that works first!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just, no.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Just the name Hydroxycut sounds contrived...it just doesn't SOUND like a good idea.

Something to think about. All these supplements may help you get to your goal...whatever that is. However, Will you be able to maintain your goal without these supplements. Do these supplements help you learn the nutrition and excersise habits you will need to know, in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle though out the rest of your life?

Finally, you can come on here and tell me a certain product or program works for you. I get that. People have success with something and want to share that information with people in a similar situation. However, the minute you tell me you're selling it, you lose all credibility with me. Especially, if it's an MLM thing.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    THANK YOU!

In my opinion, if your going to use Mikes site as a platform to sell your products, you should have his permission!
  • mkwade7380
    mkwade7380 Posts: 37
    Options
    Try Herbalife supplements. Message me for details on purchasing supplements. I will ship to you!!!!

Works all right unitl you can't afford it anymore, or get pressured into trying to become one of there distributors for a discount. Then once you get off it the weights adds right back up.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut anyone? I used to take it way back in the day, but I was basically taking it and doing nothing. So it did me no good...Now that I am working out and on my way towards getting my life straight healthwise, I was thinking about using it again (Properly this time). I know they have reformulated it to take out some of the bad stuff since I last took it. I just would like to get some opinions..
    I am on week ten and am starting to hit a platueau. I feel I need that extra little boost....

You don't need hydroxycut. I tried it a couple years ago, and did not like my heart racing all the time. I guess if that's what speed feels like, I was wound up and wanted to do something, except I was at work.

Hit a plateau, perhaps eat more calories (get your numbers more precise to figure out for sure).
    Change up the exercise. Try something harder, more intense.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I must be in a craptacular mood today...I'm marking every post from pill distributors on here as spam. Sorry kids, this forum isn't here to sell your snake oil.

Hydroxycut...yeah, I took that stuff in high school for several weeks. Gave me some absolutely swell heart palpitations and nothing else. New formula or no, don't take it. If you want a boost, grab a cup of black coffee.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    My advice is that if you are going to try it you should do a lot of research. I tried dexatrim and it didn't work for me.

sort of related - it's disappointing to see the Kardashian sister's endorsing SlimQuick. They do not look like that because of supplements. Celebrities eat strictly and have personal trainers. Just seemed like the appropriate place to vent this feeling!!!

Good luck to you, no matter what route you take.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    I must be in a craptacular mood today...I'm marking every post from pill distributors on here as spam. Sorry kids, this forum isn't here to sell your snake oil.

I did that too.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

I did that too.

Ooh :) It appears the spam posts have been removed.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    My advice is that if you are going to try it you should do a lot of research. I tried dexatrim and it didn't work for me.

sort of related - it's disappointing to see the Kardashian sister's endorsing SlimQuick. They do not look like that because of supplements. Celebrities eat strictly and have personal trainers. Just seemed like the appropriate place to vent this feeling!!!

Good luck to you, no matter what route you take.

..and since it's really their job to look like that, countless hours to excersise....and talk to plastic surgeons....you get the idea.
  • ibyrne
    ibyrne Posts: 1
    Options
    You have to know your caffeine tolerance. If you have trouble consuming caffeine or get jitters or increased heart rate it might not be for you, and even then, don't take the 3 pills twice daily. I would max out around 2 pills 2x daily. I am not caffeine sensitive so when I took hardcore I had no problems with sweating or jitters or racing heart or anything. You can get some good results but you will gain some bloat back after you stop because you are also getting rid of the excess water in your body and when you go off the pills you will gain some back, but it won't be fat or anything.