Back to MFP

Options
Hi everybody,

I joined MFP in August of 2012, and I started off REALLY well...I lost some weight, but then really fell off the wagon when school started back up. I got into my bad habits at work; eating fast food and not exercising.

I feel like I have hit the breaking point where I KNOW that I have to do something about my health. I don't feel great about the body I have, and I am always looking at others and wishing it were me.

I read a quote..." If the effort we put into hating our body, was put into changing our body, the results would be amazing"

I started working out again last week and felt great (even though my body was as sore as hell). Tonight, before my workout I am going food shopping and will be prepping my meals for the week after my workout.

I have extremely high expectations of myself and feel like this is the time to change my life. This spring I have signed up for two "Spartan Races" and will be doing a 1/2 marathon at the end of the summer.

I am looking for a few committed and dedicated MFP friends who would like to join me in my quest to get fit.....and join yours as well.

Thanks everyone!!!

- Tom

Replies

• jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! You can add me as a friend if you want. We have somethings in common. We both started in August 2012 and we both fell off the wagon!
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...

I've been an MFP member for about a month and am on daily. Feel free to add... My goal this year is to hike Half Dome - twice if possible.

Look forward to continued success!

Kev_
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... I'm on daily and we could all use the encouragement and motivation. I've made a few goal to complete around the summer also- a triathlon (Sandman in Sept) and an open water swim from MD to VA (Sharkfest in June).

Best of luck in your journey!!
  • MasterKat
    Options
    Welcome back! :bigsmile:
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I've been logging pretty regularly, but over the past 2 months have kind of slipped with the good habits....I'm hoping to kick start that back now!

Good luck! You can do it! :-)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Due to Illnesses in December and January, I kind of dropped the ball a bit. Didn't gain anything but didn't lose anything either. Back on it now so I understand! Add me if you want!
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! With your positive attitude, I know you can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish. I am on a similar path to you, but I've been through my dip and have been back on track for 6 weeks now (New Year's resolution!). I lost 45lbs, gained 30 of them back and now have lost 15lbs to take me to 30lbs down, so I understand the pitfalls!
  • hcoleman84
    Options
    Welcome back!! Feel free to add me!! I post daily and love when i have others that we can help motivate eachother!