Most Effective Jillian Michaels DVD?

Options
I just want some opinions on what everyone's opinion on which DVD of Jillian Michaels is the most effective (quickest results)? I'm just under 5'3" and 106 lbs.

The DVD's I bought recently are: No More Trouble Zones, Six Week Six Pack, 30 Day Shred, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I have tried the first two but not the last two. I like them both :) Leaning towards sticking with Six Week Six Pack though because my tummy is my biggest problem area. I like that her workouts target multiple muscles at one time. Thoughts?!? :)

Replies

• MeaganMichelle93
    MeaganMichelle93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred and love it to death!! It is quite challenging when you start, but that is how change happens. You will gradually build up your stamina and be able to do it no problem!

The DVD is divided up into the levels: Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Each is difficult in its own way. Start on Level 1, and when youre ready, work your way up to Levels 2 and 3. When I started using it, I stayed on Level 1 for about 10-15 Days until moving up to Level 2. Now that I am on Level 2, Level 1 is such a breeze, I use it as a warm up!

And when using this DVD, keep in mind that it does not have to be completed in 30 days. I have been using is for about 25 Days and I am just moving to Level 3. You can modify how many days that you are on each level. Just as long as you are putting in the hard work and effort and youre showing improvement, that is what counts, right?

I should mention that since using this DVD, I have gotten compliments on how good I am looking and I have old friends asking me if I have lost weight. The results started to show in as little at 1 week for me, so I give this a good reccomendation for you :)

Good Luck!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, hands down... look at my profile pic.. that's all from healthy eating and 30 Day Shred. I can actually run now and the physical change is so obvious/noticeable.

The thing I love about it besides the obvious is that even after you are able to do it without dying ( :laugh: ), you can always do the Natalie moves or up your weights. In Jan, I was using 4 lb weights.. now they feel like 2lb weights so I've upped the dumbbells to 7lbs each.

30 Day Shred workout is available on Youtube for free and only takes 20 minutes a day... No excuse not to try it! I highly recommend as it gives you the best workout for your time (I'm all about efficiency and results)
  • CherylDeshon
    CherylDeshon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian also, but I am trying to figure out how to log it in my exercise journal? Any idea's.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I love Jillian also, but I am trying to figure out how to log it in my exercise journal? Any idea's.

For 30 Day shred, you can use Curves Circuit Training on MFP. It's advisable to get a HRM (but I understand if you can't). Not sure about the other JM workouts out there
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I liked 30 day shred and Ripped in 30. Had great results from both last year... think I may have had best results from Ripped in 30 though.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, hands down... look at my profile pic.. that's all from healthy eating and 30 Day Shred. I can actually run now and the physical change is so obvious/noticeable.

The thing I love about it besides the obvious is that even after you are able to do it without dying ( :laugh: ), you can always do the Natalie moves or up your weights. In Jan, I was using 4 lb weights.. now they feel like 2lb weights so I've upped the dumbbells to 7lbs each.

30 Day Shred workout is available on Youtube for free and only takes 20 minutes a day... No excuse not to try it! I highly recommend as it gives you the best workout for your time (I'm all about efficiency and results)

Great job on the loss - keep it up :) Very noticeable difference between the two pictures for thirty days!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    ^ Thanks!!

I think you will have fab results if you pick 30 Day Shred - everyone who has done it for the full 30 days has nothing but great things to say about it. I am a huge skeptic and 30DS made me a believer in fitness again. Best of luck to you! :)
  • pushyourself14
    Options
    ^ Thanks!!

I think you will have fab results if you pick 30 Day Shred - everyone who has done it for the full 30 days has nothing but great things to say about it. I am a huge skeptic and 30DS made me a believer in fitness again. Best of luck to you! :)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! Much appreciated. I think I will continue with Six Week Six Pack for now because I am just about done one week of it (did it the last four days) and I'd like to see it all the way through. If I feel I can start 30DS while doing 6W6P I might start it while I finish up 6W6P or something. I'm going to see how everything goes :)
  • pushyourself14
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred and love it to death!! It is quite challenging when you start, but that is how change happens. You will gradually build up your stamina and be able to do it no problem!

The DVD is divided up into the levels: Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Each is difficult in its own way. Start on Level 1, and when youre ready, work your way up to Levels 2 and 3. When I started using it, I stayed on Level 1 for about 10-15 Days until moving up to Level 2. Now that I am on Level 2, Level 1 is such a breeze, I use it as a warm up!

And when using this DVD, keep in mind that it does not have to be completed in 30 days. I have been using is for about 25 Days and I am just moving to Level 3. You can modify how many days that you are on each level. Just as long as you are putting in the hard work and effort and youre showing improvement, that is what counts, right?

I should mention that since using this DVD, I have gotten compliments on how good I am looking and I have old friends asking me if I have lost weight. The results started to show in as little at 1 week for me, so I give this a good reccomendation for you :)

Good Luck!!

Thanks so much for your input! That really helps me a lot :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have 7 of her DVDs because I am crazy about her! Out of those, 6W6P has produced the most results for me (visibly). My #1 Jillian DVD for overall results is Ripped in 30. My next favorite for results is Extreme Shed and Shred.

I do BFBM when I need a high calorie burn and when I have more time (usually on the weekends).
  • pushyourself14
    Options

I log it under cardiovascular activity as 'Circuit training, general'
  • pushyourself14
    Options
    I have 7 of her DVDs because I am crazy about her! Out of those, 6W6P has produced the most results for me (visibly). My #1 Jillian DVD for overall results is Ripped in 30. My next favorite for results is Extreme Shed and Shred.

I do BFBM when I need a high calorie burn and when I have more time (usually on the weekends).

Good job getting results with 6W6P!! I really like it so far.
  • dngrwmn
    dngrwmn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing her Body Revolution program. I love that it is only 30 minutes/day. You wouldn't think that would give you much but I'm always sore the next day. I just started week 4 this morning, will move on to Phase 2 next week. So far (in 3 weeks), I've dropped 4 lbs and 12 inches.

I do have the 30 day shred and I liked that one as well, though it's been years since I've fired it up.

Good luck!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS twice and got fantastic result...

I have now invested in Extreme Shed and Shred and just done day three of Level 1 only... I really really enjoyed it and as time permits intend to interchange with L3 30DS.

It's def worth a look if you enjoyed 30DS as a bit longer and more challenging and also mixes up lots of techniques...

Good luck
    Jules xx
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I first started with 30 DS - great results! Same praise as everyone else, so not going to repeat it.

But currently, I'm combining NMTZ, 6W6P and once a week BFBM. I grew to LOVE NMTZ and BFBM. I believe it's because I'm getting stronger and seeing results, just as it happened with 30ds (I hated it at firs, because it hurt so much! and yes, I could't even keep up with the modified moves! :sad: ).

NMTZ is like 30 ds, only no cardio and twice as long. 6W6P resembles to 30 ds in a sence of constant MOVING, but you'll get ABS too with 30 ds - there's a bit of cardio, and a bit of weights ( use quite light weights - 1kg is enough for me). It's under 30 mis, so you can try out level one anytime instead of 6w6p.

I exercise every other day, combine once one video, other day different one, so I don't get bored.

good luck!