Does anyone ever go over on Protien

Options
I just started this today and it has me at 62 grams of total protien for the day and I know that I am going to go over becuase I have already eaten 51 grams. Should I be concerned since it is lean protien?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    no.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I aim for 160 g protein a day. Don't worry about it. Unless you have health problems, you should be getting a ton of protein.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    the protein settings on MFP are set notoriously low. either customize your settings to allow for more protein (a lot more, like double) or just go over every day (a lot over, like double) and don't worry about the red.

More protein is a good
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    You can customize your macros...MFP defaults are pretty carb heavy and low on protein. 30% of my calories come from protein, which generally gives me about 140-150 grams daily. Protein is good, especially when you're at a deficit as it helps you maintain lean body mass.
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    the protein settings on MFP are set notoriously low. either customize your settings to allow for more protein (a lot more, like double) or just go over every day (a lot over, like double) and don't worry about the red.

More protein is a good

Well that about sums it right up! As mentioned before, GO OVER and be happy! (Like Double)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I would say 60 something grams is much too low. I try to do 1 gram per pound of lean body mass.
  • shellyinok
    Options
    Thanks, That is what I figured.

Michelle
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I just started this today and it has me at 62 grams of total protien for the day and I know that I am going to go over becuase I have already eaten 51 grams. Should I be concerned since it is lean protien?

If mine was set to 62g, I'd be over all the time. I think I'm consistently right around where I should be (since all these numbers are estimates).
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I TRY to go over on protein every day. :)