High Protein/Low Carb meals for Diabetics.

Options
ElicitDreams
ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
First off, I apologize if this is a duplicate thread as I do not have the time at this moment to search for answers.

Second, I was wondering what are some good meals to make that are very high in protein and low in carbs that is good for a diabetic other than plain chicken and broccoli. There have been a lot of family gatherings, so I'm looking at making something for that will feed around 10-12 people. The easier, the better. I'm just looking to help my family out, for a least a meal or two.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    How about a turkey breast with green beans?

Flank steak (marniated) with asparagus.

I like to grill flank steaks or sirloins, slice and serve over a bed of mixed greens (argula, spinach, baby leaf lettuce) with a balsamic vinegerette (love pomegranted white balsamic w/scallions, stone mustard and evoo).
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    shrimp, tomato, okra, pepper, onion gumbo over riced cauliflower (instead of rice). Google a low carb rue if a small amount of flour is still too much.

ETA: use any kind of protein you want-chicken, beef, pork, smoked sausage, etc
  • treisch
    Options
    Tuna salad lettuce wraps

Pork chops and asparagus or garlic roasted broccoli (its super YUM!)

Jamie Eason's turkey meatloaf (google the recipe) & cucumber/tomato salad (sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, italian dressing)

Jamie Eason's eat clean stuffed green peppers

Crockpot roast beef and carrots--- fill the crockpot with lots of carrots and the beef

baked salmon, tilapia or swai fish

large salads with hard boiled eggs, slivered almonds, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper. I use Olive Garden brand salad dressing... ;)
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are some awesome ideas. Thanks everyone!