Need help with my TDEE! (advice)

Options
Hi!

I have a question about my TDEE numbers. I have read on several places that if you want to lose weight to eat 15-25% less than what your TDEE allows for calories. So, what I spent time on this weekend was figuring out what my TDEE is on different days.
What I mean is, on days I work (M-F) I am on my feet 8 hours and walk a brisk pace 30 minute walk and do 30 minute circuit training, so my TDEE is different than on days I am at home and am sedentary most of the day (Sundays) and different than Saturdays when I am sedentary other than my 30 minute cicruit training... (sorry this is long).

I have calculated my TDEE for these specific days and subtracted 25%. Do you think it's okay to have differing calorie goals on different days? M-F I have 2,016 calories, Saturday 1,547 and Sunday 1,524. Will that mess with my weight loss goals if I eat different calories on different days?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I think you're over-complicating it. I use that method, but I aim for the same calorie goal every day, rest day or not. Some days I come in a little under goal, some days a little over, but the goal is the same every time, and it's workin' great for me.
  • klb_perkins
    Options
    Thanks! I think I am, too. I suppose I'm just worrying I'm either eating too much or too little. I have calculated my bmr and tdee on several different websites and it seems too high, but I'm answering the questions honestly, so I guess I'm just not used to counting yet. Am I still correct on saying you typically should not eat below bmr but only below tdee for weight loss?
  • klb_perkins
    Options
    I think you're over-complicating it. I use that method, but I aim for the same calorie goal every day, rest day or not. Some days I come in a little under goal, some days a little over, but the goal is the same every time, and it's workin' great for me.

By the way..... Is that the T.A.R.D.I.S. in your tracker??
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    By the way..... Is that the T.A.R.D.I.S. in your tracker??
    Yep! :bigsmile:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Start with the best estimate based on the info you enter into the calculators. Try that for a month or so and see what happens. Adjust accordingly.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd just do an average TDEE for the week (1880) and eat 15-25% (1400-1600) below that every day.
    It won't do you damage to be over one day and under the next. It all evens out in the end. Just be sure to re-evaluate when things change (e.g. weight if significant, TDEE if your activity changes significantly).
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump