I am too tired to exercise

Options
Everyday I wake up super early and attempt to exercise for about an hour, unfortunately I hadn't done so ever since before I had my boy (he's almost 5) so I get tired right away. I believe that the fact that I cut my caloric intake in half may be the reason why I feel so tired, so far I only brisk walk for around 30 min, stationary bike for about 15 and then some reps with my resistance bands and some abs as well. Not even an hour of not vigorous exercise but I still feel depleted and sometimes I can't even finish the hour. I started taking vitamins but no difference yet. How long does my body take to adapt to my new caloric intake?

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Someone will tell you to open your diary, so I'll warn you right now.

I found that if I didn't eat well, I felt sorry. Make sure you are eating enough and that you are eating nutritious foods. Other than that, plow through it. You won't get the energy the first couple of days. It will take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust.

Good luck!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are better off using a lunch break and a weekend slot to exercise. Do you have any childcare?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Everyday I wake up super early and attempt to exercise for about an hour, unfortunately I hadn't done so ever since before I had my boy (he's almost 5) so I get tired right away. I believe that the fact that I cut my caloric intake in half may be the reason why I feel so tired, so far I only brisk walk for around 30 min, stationary bike for about 15 and then some reps with my resistance bands and some abs as well. Not even an hour of not vigorous exercise but I still feel depleted and sometimes I can't even finish the hour. I started taking vitamins but no difference yet. How long does my body take to adapt to my new caloric intake?

Baby steps ...... try to exercise consistantly for 1/2 hour .... build up your endurance a bit. Then add more time. It will get easier.

Make sure are eating enough .... you will hear "fuel" your workouts here. This is true, too few calories & you will be burning off muscle :frown: instead of fat.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    B vitamins?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

this.

If you don't have enough energy, you aren't giving your body enough fuel.
  • jgarf4me
    jgarf4me Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    if yore eating enough, you should get more energy not less. maybe you are not eating enough. try eating some protein before you excercise,, maybe protein powder or a couple of nuts. if you wake up and don't have any food b4 excercise, your body will start to crash quick. how about a small portion of a protein shake or 5 nuts or a small chunk of fruit ( not a whole fruit)with a few nuts. also drink water in the morning when you wake up
    Good luck
    Jeff
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    Options
    Eat more.

I am guessing...but it is possible you are not eating enough.
  • Fat422long
    Options
    I find that easy workouts dont do me any good. I hard workout that gets the chemicals flowing gives me more energy even the next day. You feel good after a hard workout and you'll begin craving that feeling.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You didn't state how much you're actually eating so how can we answer the question? My random guess is that if you cut your intake in half and you're tired all the time to the point of not being able to work out, you're not eating enough. I know, I'm a regular savant with this stuff.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Maybe mornings just aren't good for you? Personally, I love a good hard morning calorie burn, but its not for everyone. Have you tried fitting your workout into a different time slot to see if you have more energy later in the day?

You should also consider the kinds of foods you're eating too. Your diary isn't open...but I know a lot of people tend to stay within the calorie range, but are eating lots of 'empty calorie' foods that aren't benefitting them nutritionally.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the health nuts wouldn't agree, but I find a couple of cups of strong coffee in the morning is all i need to give me the energy for my morning work-out. An hour a day is plenty by the way.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

yep.

endthread_zpsddf75acb.jpg
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Make sure you aren't eating too little. How many calories are you eating a day? I have two young children and I love waking up super early to exercise before they need me. It's the only time of day that I have to myself.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Cutting calories in half? Unless you were really going to town, you may need more food.
  • pandagirlshonerd
    pandagirlshonerd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I found that eating smoothies in the morning, and getting into that routine before I started the morning exercise routine gave me loads of energy for the morning. Then again, I am also a morning person so
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Also, are you getting enough sleep? There's no miracle diet and exercise program that will make you feel good on 4 hours of shut eye
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Two ideas:

One. Try consuming something (like a protein shake) before working out. Just make sure it's light. Also--make sure you're hydrated, so drink a big glass of water when you wake up and before exercising.

Two. Change your workout time. There's no way I could work out super early--I'm tired, clumsy, and miserable when I try to do it. You might be a mid-day or early evening exerciser. There's nothing right or wrong about when you work out as long as it works with your body.

Also, listen to everyone else's food advice about maybe not eating enough.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1. eat more nutritious meals w protein, complex carbs at least 3 times a day w 2 snacks, not less than 1500
    2. find the time of day that works for you. i cant do mornings for the life of me, and i love exercise
    3. drink water. drink drink drink
    4. just do it. make goals and stick w it. after 2 weeks, you will feel less tired. i also used the @im tired working mom@ excuse, and not working out just made me more tired.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Eat more food.

When I eat even 200 cals less than I'm eating now (2000 per day), I can feel the energy difference. I get sluggish and tired in the middle of the day.

Food is fuel.