cook books

Options
KaySaver
KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
Can someone suggest a good cookbook? One that maybe has easy quick healthy meals? Nothing that has really bizzare ingrediants but simple quick and easy recipes?

Thanks!

Replies

• SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's not a cook book, but I found it really helpful ...

www.eatbetteramerica.com

Try that...maybe you will find something you like there! =)
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't have any cookbook suggestions but I do love using www.allrecipes.com. I also get a daily e-newsletters from Hungry Girl and Prevention that both have some good recipes. Once a week I get a e-newsletter from Weight Watchers as well. I eat a lot of fibre 1 and their site has quite a few recipes. HTH!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :wink: I find www.allrecipes.com to be my best guide. And at times, if I select a recipe that has great reviews, but is not as healthy as I'd like it to be, I'll only consider it if I can changed it just a little and make it better for myself and my fam. For example, I'll replace ground beef with ground turkey or chicken, same recipe :0) Hope it helps you out.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hungry girl cookbooks
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's not a cook book, but I found it really helpful ...

www.eatbetteramerica.com

Try that...maybe you will find something you like there! =)

Thanks, SammyLynn!!!! I just looked up eatbetteramerica.com and I like! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • lauranorth
    lauranorth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the cookbook

Taste of Home: Everyday Light Meals

I just borrowed it from my local library and plan I buying it. The library is a great way to try books before you buy them.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl cookbooks, Biggest Loser cookbooks, EatBetterAmerica.com, RealAge.com, and Prevention.com all have great recipes.
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    MY favorite is Zonya Foco's Lickety Split meals. I use it at least once a week. Great recipes with normal, healthy ingredients, easy to follow & understand and all the nutritional information is listed with every recipe. There are soups, crock pot recipes, desserts, and under 15 minute meal suggestions. I've made several of them for family visits and everyone loves them. The favorite are is turkey meatloaves, chili, sweet & sour chicken and chicken enchiladas. Also a chocolate cheesecake. You can only get it from her website, unless you have HAP insurance and she happens to be having a seminar in your area. She is a very interesting dietition and fitness person. There are also sample recipes on her site from the cook book. The site is www.zonya.com and the book is $20. Well worth it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have two "Cooking Light" cookbooks and just LOVE :heart: them.

51AfP-MjlAL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg

and

o_cbook0195.jpg
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas! Sometimes it's just hard to get a really good idea from websites. I would rather get the info from people who have really used the books or sites and it has worked for them.
  • madworld711
    madworld711 Posts: 29
    Options
    I just got the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook-- simple, simple meals.