What do you eat on workout days?

Options
Just curious :) Just bigger portions of what you already eat? Or something that aids muscle building? Or do you treat yourself to a guilty pleasure that would have otherwise occupied too many calories?

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum btw)

Replies

• treisch
    Options
    an apple or triscuits (6) before i work out (need some carbs for energy otherwise there is no point in working out!) and 1/2 glass of milk

protein shake after done working out (if the protein shake has 15 grams of carbs or more I do not eat any additional carbs after working out... but if my shake has 5 grams carbs I also eat 1/2 of a banana or apple with my shake)

I don't eat much different on workout days except up my calories by 150 on workout days.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I workout almost every day and to be honest I don't change my diet at all for this.
    But if I don't work out I find that I TRY to eat less carbs.
  • zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    wheaties
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just use the same "average" calories everyday. Yes, some days I'm over, other days I'm under ... for the week it evens out. But I'm not talking huge calorie burns anyway.

Most people try to incorporate "healthy" calories .... healthy fats or nuts. Protien shakes are popular too.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I tend to work out every day and eat the same keto diet every day. But once in awhile I will be heading out to the gym and realize I feel a bit fatigued and 'weak' even if I just finished off a huge meal a couple hours earlier. So I go in the gas station and buy a small packet of crack. And by crack I mean cashews. I eat those in the car, drink some water, and go work out.

I think they help. They might help more if I preplanned and ate them half an hour or more beforehand, though.
  • 905nik
    905nik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba every Tuesday for an hour which works off a fair number of calories. Usually I'll have a high protein dinner afterwards, but I also like to use the extra calories to treat myself whenever possible.
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat the same amount of calories for the day but make sure I have a high protein meal (or smoothie) post workout.