Zumba video game

Options
Does anyone use one? Zumba fitness, Zumba core, whatever game...

What system do you use? What game is it? Is it fun?

I'm thinking of getting one, but its $40 and thats a lot of money to me. I keep starting to work out, but get bored so fast... But I LOVE to dance!

Thoughts?

Replies

• jessicah12
    jessicah12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Core on Xbox and love it. There are so many different variations that each of my cardio/core workouts are different. I use this with Les Mills Pump and get an awesome overall workout. The Zumba Core on medium intensity for 45 minutes I can burn almost 400 calories this is me not getting into it fully. I haven't tried low or high intensity yet. I would say it was a great buy for me. HTH
  • nathanielnieman
    nathanielnieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a Xbox and Love it. I have gotten a couple of friends hooked on it now also. Great work out. and no one see me doing it but my wife ;)

I have Zumba Fitness and my friend has Core.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have both Zumba 2 and Zumba core for the WII. I love them both. They seem to keep my attention and have been fun for a few months now. They burn a tone of calories and even my 2 1/2 year likes to join in on the fun.
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    havent used it but i want to know too! ive heard zumba is fun but im debating on taking a class up the street (for $5 per class twice a week) or buying the game for wii. which would be better?
  • grabenson7
    Options
    Hi there, my wife is useing one at the moment on the Wii, dont which game it is but see likes it and says its working well has shes looseing some pounds.
  • Charity776
    Charity776 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness and Core for the Xbox and also Zumba for the Wii. I love all of them. I too get bored quickly so I have some other dance games (Dance Central) that I mix in. I always get a good workout with them but it is no substitute for my time in the gym :) Good luck!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I bought a gently used Wii Zumba off an MFP friend and I did my first workout yesterday medium intensity 29 min burned 288 calories per my HRM. Check on craigslist, ebay or game stop for best pricing.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    havent used it but i want to know too! ive heard zumba is fun but im debating on taking a class up the street (for $5 per class twice a week) or buying the game for wii. which would be better?
    I go to a class at $5 each and it is so much fun and I feel like way worth it-we do have an xbox/kinect and after reading this thread I think I might save my pennies for "core"
  • alexandraaah
    alexandraaah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I still lived at home I had a Zumba game for the wii, it was the first one that came out on Wii. I used it every other day for about a month and it gave me a real good workout, that is if you put effort into it. I also went to classes for over a month and again had a really intense fun workout. I lost 6 pounds in a month with wii zumba as my only form of exercise and eating aprox 1300 cals a day. Hope this helps!
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    If you have a Game Stop or some other store that sell's used game's you can buy it from there. Game Stop let's you take back game's that you don't like within a couple days, but check with the store for their policy first...:wink:
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I want to start taking classes this summer, it looks so fun! But I want to practice at home first so I can kind of keep up and don't look quite like such a fool.
  • Foxywake
    Foxywake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have Zumba 2 and Zumba Core on the Wii and also attend 3 classes per week - I absolutely love it. The great thing with the DVD's or games is that they show you how to learn each dance move from scratch so you can master them at your own pace before you pick a real live class to attend (if that's what you want to do). You have such fun you don't realise how much you are working out and how many calories you are burning having a blast singing along and wiggling!!!! Give it a go - you may love it too!!
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a PS3 and love my zumba game. Went into my first zumba class and it didn't make me feel like a lost puppy b/c I already knew a lot of the moves. Catch...only the original zumba game is available on the PS3..super dissapointing.
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness for PS3 I really enjoy it. My son even enjoys playing it.
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I Have zumba core for the wii... it is fun, and challenging
    you have to unlock things and try to get 5 stars on certain songs to unlock more things, since I'm competitive it works for me.
    One thing i really love about it, is at the end of your routine they show you how many calories you burn, and how your technique is going, so you can really track it. but beware, if your waist isn't small the belt may not fit you, i had to extend mine with a resistance bad so it could fit around my waist
    but yesterday i actually got really bored with it and decided to just work out on my treadclimber for like 30 minutes.
    i also have just dance 4 for my wii, its pretty good and has a sweat function specifically for working out
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have a PS3 and love my zumba game. Went into my first zumba class and it didn't make me feel like a lost puppy b/c I already knew a lot of the moves. Catch...only the original zumba game is available on the PS3..super dissapointing.

This was me, too. The girls next to me asked if I'd taken the class before. I'd actually rather take a class because I got a better burn. Also, I don't burn as much doing the advanced level as I do the intermediate, for some reason. It's still a lot of fun, though.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options

The class is better. I have the video game too, and I love it because I can pretend like I am in class. But I would never be able to Zumba as well as I do without having the real life experience.
  • mnewbybeise
    Options
    That information at the end of the work out on zumba tells you how many calories you have burned?
  • nathanielnieman
    nathanielnieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not on the Xbox at least that I have seen.. I use a Heart rate Monitor that tells me the CAl. I burn about 900/1000 for a 40 min work out. But I am also a bigger person.

My wife burns about half that.