Hi everyone - I'm new

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the My Fitness Pal, my sign in name is there as to be a motivational encouragement and also as a fact. I'm changing my ways and decided its time to get fit again and lose the lazyness I have had over the past 12 - 18 months. I'm young (23, almost 24) and its not good to be unhealthy at a young age, so through using this site and getting in a routine I am going to eat healthy and do mild exercise.

I'm basically going on the basis of less calories consumed vs daily requirements, and then some mild exercise first thing in the day to both wake me up and to get some work out in there. After I have done that for a few weeks, I will also sign up to my local gym (£15 a month) and start using the cross trainer and a few free weight exercises daily, I just didn't want to pile on the exercise too fast and then not get into a routine and not enjoy it. I used to love the gym and weights when I was about 19, but as you know we let things slip and before you know it you've put on a tonne of weight.

Anyway, thought I would say hello, and see who else is about, and see if anyone has any success stories, or would like to chat?

Replies

• Lynner77
    Lynner77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome - Feel free to add me if you like, I like to meet new people and learn their tricks as well as share my own.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the My Fitness Pal, my sign in name is there as to be a motivational encouragement and also as a fact. I'm changing my ways and decided its time to get fit again and lose the lazyness I have had over the past 12 - 18 months. I'm young (23, almost 24) and its not good to be unhealthy at a young age, so through using this site and getting in a routine I am going to eat healthy and do mild exercise.

I'm basically going on the basis of less calories consumed vs daily requirements, and then some mild exercise first thing in the day to both wake me up and to get some work out in there. After I have done that for a few weeks, I will also sign up to my local gym (£15 a month) and start using the cross trainer and a few free weight exercises daily, I just didn't want to pile on the exercise too fast and then not get into a routine and not enjoy it. I used to love the gym and weights when I was about 19, but as you know we let things slip and before you know it you've put on a tonne of weight.

Anyway, thought I would say hello, and see who else is about, and see if anyone has any success stories, or would like to chat?
    Hi this is such an amazing site it as helped me so much
  • Losemymanboobs
    Options
    Hey man, whats cracking! Hope you reach your goals and kick some *kitten* on the way. As you lose, you will gain confidence, fitness and a new sense of well being. All aboard the gain train my brudda!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing you will get loads of support feel free to add if you like x
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for almost a year and a half, and have lost and maintained the loss. MFP is an amazing tool...I'm sure that with your level of commitment, you'll find success here! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for almost a year. I missed 4 days due to technical issues. I am addicted! The people on here are so encouraging, supportive and motivating! Feel free to add me! :)
  • workitworkit13
    Options
    I joinned mfp on January 9, 2013 and I Love it. This site makes it easy to keep up with your food and exercise!! I joined the local gym. I had always walked or swam but....that was weather permitting, so that ended with no result. The gym is the best way to get a good workout and routine, cause it is open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Well at least the one I go to is. Doesn't matter the weather! Always looking for friends to help encourage me and me encourage them!! So good luck on your journey!
  • ManboobMike
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies, I have had a bunch of friend requests, and I plan on using this site a lot. A friend of mine suggested it and he is right I think it will work. Its not that I have ever had trouble losing weight, its more that I haven't tried, and just got lazy.

Thanks for all your encouraging wishes, and I will be sure to keep you posted. My first goal is to lose 10kg and then from there I will add more achievable goals!

Thanks everyone!
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Welcome and love the name! Feel free to add.
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Welcome and love the name! Feel free to add.
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    Welcome! Love your name! I am fairly new to this site, love it! Best of luck to you!