Has any body ever said this to you?

Options
"You look like your gaining weight" yet you have lost 5 or more pounds. Two people have told me this. Im sure I lost weight because my pants are loser and I have lost inches. Why do you think they told me this?

Replies

• tamerkins2
    Options
    Wow, who knows, but it is super douchey for anyone to say that!!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Maybe because you're gaining muscle and so certain parts of your body are becoming "larger" but more defined? It might also be that you purchased new, smaller clothes that are a bit more snug and they don't notice that you've lost weight but that your clothes fit a little closer?
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    To me, it sounds like some haters. Just ignore them. Keep working hard and doing what you are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    the lady that used to do my bikini wax said this to me...while I was naked from the waist down on the table. I don't go to her anymore.
  • TitusOfGymClass
    Options
    Thanks for your answers.I didnt but new clothes decided not until I lost all the weight.Maybe their just haters. I doubt it was muscle because i took before and after pictures and I look smaller if anything.
  • RiceSushi915
    RiceSushi915 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    They were jelous
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had that at work when I lost 20 lbs.. I was liek you. Really? I have lost the equvilent of a small child and you think I look FATTER? I am not sure what causes it, but it does get under my skin.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I haven't had that, but I've been asked why I'm doing leg presses when my legs were already "so huge."
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    After I lost my first 20lbs, my mother asked if I was 5 months pregnant. Thanks mom-I was feeling pretty good until about 3 seconds ago lol.
  • LuckyMe000
    Options
    I lost 30lbs last year and my boss asked me if i was pregnant.....i gained a little bit back the past few months and then lost 10lbs and she again asked me if i was pregnant.....she is overweight so i think she is just a hater
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think they would say this because they are *kitten*. There is really no other option.
  • TitusOfGymClass
    Options
    Wow, i thought i was the only one LOL, I guess we should all just forget the haters, and continue working hard. A few people told i lost weight or that there something different about me.Maybe they just notice a difference about me but did know if was weightloss because im not overweight.Confusing
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I haven't but I have noticed sometimes that after I have lost weight I think I still look bigger. Sometimes wearing clothes that are too big/looser can have that effect on your body of making it look bigger than what it actually is. So it could be that.
    Or, they are just pure arseholes. Which they kind of are for making comments like that anyway!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Who asks people this??? It boggles my mind.
  • TitusOfGymClass
    Options
    I lost 30lbs last year and my boss asked me if i was pregnant.....i gained a little bit back the past few months and then lost 10lbs and she again asked me if i was pregnant.....she is overweight so i think she is just a hater

Mega Hater.Jeesh
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Probably just jealousy, and it probably won't go away either. I used to think that by losing weight and getting in shape, my family would finally leave me be. WRONG. They just switched gears and started calling me "anorexic" and asking me "if I get enough to eat" and "don't get too thin or you'll disappear!" You just can't win. All you can do is ignore it and keep your chin up!
  • TitusOfGymClass
    Options
    I haven't but I have noticed sometimes that after I have lost weight I think I still look bigger. Sometimes wearing clothes that are too big/looser can have that effect on your body of making it look bigger than what it actually is. So it could be that.
    Or, they are just pure arseholes. Which they kind of are for making comments like that anyway!

This makes sense..Thanks so much! This relaxes me, even though i should care less about their opinion because one them is fat..
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the green eyed monster to me!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If someone told me I looked like I'd gained wait, I'd tell them they look like they are about to get punched in the neck.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately people don't come with labeling on their foreheads, or else you'd be able to spot these LAME-Os a mile away. Brush them off of your shoulders and keep on handling your business.