Sabotaged at work!!

Options
So this morning a coworker gave me a diet dr pepper cause he got an extra one from the vending machine. I thought okay that's really nice and its zero calories right? WRONG! That set off a reaction that was totally out of my control. Well it turns out that artificial sweetener found in diet sodas put me into some sort of feeding frenzy. I had the most uncontrollable cravings. Then as I walk past the cafeteria they have a display of cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, Brownies, and Cookies. This is totally unfair now because I am already in my crazed hunger state in which I have no control for my actions. BAM!!! all of the sudden im back at my desk with $10 less in my wallet and have consumed all the sweets that I was sabotaged with. This is the exact reason why we are all fat in America. This was not my fault and now I have consumed far too many calories and will gain weight.

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :flowerforyou:

[img]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g344/StarlightFilly/Tumblr gifs/tumblr_licm7sah3c1qfqqyf.gif[/img]
  • patinaragazza
    patinaragazza Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Live and learn...not your fault this time but next time you will know better. Literally "sweat it" off...a little bit more exercise today?
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just seems unfair that I put in all this effort over the weekend to eat clean and its all undone in one day and it wasn't even my fault!!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not... lol. $10 is a lot to spend on snacks. Lucky for me my job doesn't have a cafeteria and if I want to walk to the solo vending machine I have to walk over a block to the other building and back, lol.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Welp, I wouldnt drink anymore diet soda if I were you. I guess I've used diet soda and salt to replace the quantities of food I used to eat. Many times when I feel a binge coming on I drink diet soda like crazy. It's probably not good for me, but neither is weighing 365lbs.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    So this morning a coworker gave me a diet dr pepper cause he got an extra one from the vending machine. I thought okay that's really nice and its zero calories right? WRONG! That set off a reaction that was totally out of my control. Well it turns out that artificial sweetener found in diet sodas put me into some sort of feeding frenzy. I had the most uncontrollable cravings. Then as I walk past the cafeteria they have a display of cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, Brownies, and Cookies. This is totally unfair now because I am already in my crazed hunger state in which I have no control for my actions. BAM!!! all of the sudden im back at my desk with $10 less in my wallet and have consumed all the sweets that I was sabotaged with. This is the exact reason why we are all fat in America. This was not my fault and now I have consumed far too many calories and will gain weight.

We all have moments of weakness. I do, you do, we all do.

However, my issue with this isn't so much what happened, but how you describe it.
    "I have no control for my actions"
    "I was sabotaged with"
    "This was not my fault"

These are all VICTIM words. Unless you were subject to gavage (tubal force-feeding), NO ONE MADE YOU DO ANYTHING.
    You are NOT a victim. YOU made the choice to eat all of those things.

If you want control of your life and your behavior, start taking responsibility for YOUR actions.

I know this is all true because *I* have ~135lbs to lose because *I* made very bad choices, *I* didn't exercise enough, and *I* let myself get to this point.
  • jdholland5508
    Options

However, my issue with this isn't so much what happened, but how you describe it.
    "I was sabotaged with"
    "This was not my fault"

These are all VICTIM words. Unless you were subject to gavage (tubal force-feeding), NO ONE MADE YOU DO ANYTHING.

If you want control of your life and your behavior, start taking responsibility for YOUR actions.

I know this is all true because *I* have ~135lbs to lose because *I* made very bad choices, *I* didn't exercise enough, and *I* let myself get to this point.

I don't think you read the post very clear.... As you can tell from my description of the events I never made the choice myself.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options

"I was sabotaged with"
    "This was not my fault"

I don't think you read the post very clear.... As you can tell from my description of the events I never made the choice myself.

If someone is jamming a tube down your throat, I'd recommend calling the cops. That's illegal. :)

If not, then you made the choice in each and every instance.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You should get right back on track!!
    Having said that, you make your own decisions - whether or not you drink the soda to whether or not you buy sweets because you are craving them - you can't blame anyone but yourself - BUT, you can also decide that this is NOT how you want to continue and start back on track right now. Good luck - YOU CAN DO IT!
  • jdholland5508
    Options
    Do you think green tea extracts will help reverse what I did?
  • kbella1218
    kbella1218 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. I sit very close to that evil vending machine. I find if I ever cave then it's all over with and I fall completely off the wagon. But when you do, just pick yourself back up and keep going. Don't beat yourself up or say it's no good to keep trying. We all have "bad" days.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not...
    [/quote^^ this ^^
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Have you ever found yourself in a motel with your pants off, no money and no idea how you got there or what you might have done? Perhaps waffles would help?!?
  • ibelieveinlove7
    ibelieveinlove7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You've lost 56 pounds, so you must be doing something right! I agree with the other poster... It was your choice to accept the Diet Dr. Pepper and your choice to drink it. Whether or not you knew the effect it would have on you, I don't know, but if it was that drastic, I would really make it a BIIIIG point to stay away from artificial sweeteners and sweets or start seeking counseling.
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you are going to troll do it in the fun and games section so that new people aren't actually looking at your post for General Diet and Weight Loss Help.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Do you think green tea extracts will help reverse what I did?

No, but a jog around the block a few times might.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not...
    ^^ this ^^

I'm praying this is sarcasm.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    So, are you gonna kill this guy or what?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you are going to troll do it in the fun and games section so that new people aren't actually looking at your post for General Diet and Weight Loss Help.

Truth. I laughed, but the newer folks might not get this is a joke yet.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I will assume he's being sarcastic and perhaps tweaking the whole diet soda causes diabetes news from the weekend.