Recommended Breakfast Cereal???

Options
IbettR
IbettR Posts: 139 Member
Good morning, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a yummy yet healthy breakfast cereal? My husband's very picky about his food, and is used to having cereal for breakfast and/or as a snack, but I've got to get him off the sugar junk he currently calls 'cereal' - LOL. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    My picky husband likes Rice Chex and Crispix. Not sure on the nutritional value of either. Oh, and my sister in law likes Multigrain Cheerios, says they taste sweet, but doesn't have all the sugar the others have. Hope this helps some
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Kellogg's Product 19! I I love it - it's crispy, tasty, and has a lot of your necessary daily vitamins and minerals! Perhaps I'll pour myself a bowl now :)
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I love Special K protein plus. I was raised with even adding sugar on my already sugared cereal. I do not add sugar now and can taste the sugar in cereal that is not even considered a sugar cereal. It might take a little while to get use to but pays benefits in the long run. I add some walnuts sometimes and it keeps me full until I eat lunch at 1pm.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    LOL (he currently calls cereal) Now that was funny! Good luck with changing the hubby's eating...I tried for years to get mine to eat different. That was impossible. It has to be their idea. My hubby finally joined the "I want to change wagon" and he is down 31 pounds, but he had to have the will. It's nice having him wanting to be healthy with me.

I LOVE good, old fashioned oatmeal. It makes me fuller too. But that is me :):drinker:
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters!!!! So delicious. I was shocked how good it is.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Special K, Vanilla Almond. It turns your milk into Vanilla milk so you get a special treat when you're done w/ the cereal.
  • grh826
    grh826 Posts: 2
    Options
    Smart Start with Anti-Oxidants is good....name sounds awful, but it is actually quite delicious and crunchy. I also use Total Raisin Bran as an alternative.

GRH
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE Cheerios fan. I was eating the Multigrain Cheerios for a while. Only 100 calories for a whole cup. Good for fiber and such too. Now I've been alternating between Chocolate Cheerios and Banana Nut Cheerios. Where have these cereals been all my life? Hahaha... its 100 calories for 3/4 of a cup, but still good on fiber and so worth sacrificing a 1/4 of a cup for the yumminess.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is Kashi Go lean there is the crunch and the high protein/fiber but not sure that a picky person would like it. I also really like multigrain cheerios it is sweet better than the regular cheerios.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Kellogg's Special K and Cheerios. They both have a variety of flavors that you can pick from.
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    I love Special K protein plus. I was raised with even adding sugar on my already sugared cereal. I do not add sugar now and can taste the sugar in cereal that is not even considered a sugar cereal. It might take a little while to get use to but pays benefits in the long run. I add some walnuts sometimes and it keeps me full until I eat lunch at 1pm.
    +1
    I looked at every cereal I could find and this one to me has the best balance of protein, sugar, and fat of all of them. Excellent start on my protein goal of the day.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats.

Most of the commercial cereals out there on the market are nothing but sugary junk carbs.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a yummy yet healthy breakfast cereal? My husband's very picky about his food, and is used to having cereal for breakfast and/or as a snack, but I've got to get him off the sugar junk he currently calls 'cereal' - LOL. Any suggestions? Thanks.

this is a trick on how to eliminate and it works great for kids . Mix the sugary cereal with a healthy cereal gradually add more good stuff and less bad soon it will be all good. You can do it with milk to go from whole to skim, fruit yogurt to plain. Mix salted with non salted to cut salt in half you can take your time but it works Good luck
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Can't beat a bowl of porridge in my personal opinion, maybe with some honey for sweetness.

But for a "crunch" I like Special K, or good old Cornflakes :)
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus & add 1 tbsp of each of the following, golden raisins, chopped walnuts & hemp granola with skim milk or almond milk. The cereal is filling, the raisins sweeten & the granola gives you energy Plus the walnuts (or almonds) are good fat.

151232.png
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Kellogg's All Bran Strawberry Medley. It's delish. Even if it is a box cereal full of "sugary junk" and not just plain jane steel cut oats.

I say at least it's not Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  • blessedrose
    Options
    hi there..

a few good choices..the Kashi brand "Heart to Heart", is a good one..also, Barbara's Honey O's (think that's right)..they have less sugar then Honey Nut Cherrios, and good dose of fiber.

with a serving of fruit and low-fat milk (or soy or almond milk - my fav), this should hold him over.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    My first choice is old-fashioned oats. My second is plain old regular Cheerios.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Cheerios, or good ol' Kelloggs Corn Flakes with a banana cut up in there and 1/2 a cup of 2%. This morning I had Crispix with a hald serving of almonds swimming around in there, and that was good too.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I love my Honey Nut Cheerios! Also any of the Special K's are awesome...I especially love the Chocolatey Delight & the Vanilla Almond!