Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...

Options
I just ordered it online and was wondering peoples opinions about it?? Some days I dont have time to go for a walk, and pilates isnt helping me burn alot of calories, so I wanted something "extra"...Just wanted to know if the DVD collection has helped some of you, and your opinions, also how do you categorize that when you log in your exercise???? Thanks everyone :bigsmile:

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I dont have the dvd however i have done some of her workouts on ondemand....AND ALLS I CAN SAY IS WOW..I have never felt the burn the next day like i have with her workouts..so GOOD LUCK...Im sure it will do wonders :)
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    i really like it, its a really good work out in a short amount of time. its just 20min! but it kicks your butt!

OMG I totally agree. I just started this Friday, and I love it!! It amazing how much you really work out in 20 minutes. The energy you have after you are done is AMAZING.
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    WOW ok good all good responses lol..

You do it everyday?? I guess my best bet is to do it in the morning?? I am SOOO NOOOT a morning person LOL..

I cant wait to try it!!!!!!!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing... im on day 7 and feel so much stronger!!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    WOW ok good all good responses lol..

You do it everyday?? I guess my best bet is to do it in the morning?? I am SOOO NOOOT a morning person LOL..

I cant wait to try it!!!!!!!

I DID it three days in a row due to my gym closes early on the weekends...werid.. BUT I am not a morning person either...whenever you do it you will not really be tired..you will be energetic.. its sooo weird... she really is good
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30DS. I haven't done it for a few months and I can not believe how much my body has changed from not doing it. It's a great work out. I suggest watching it first, but that could be just me. Enjoy! Also, the consensus on MFP is to log it as circuit training genera and it's 27 min from warm up to the end of cool down.
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good but it sometimes my ankles hurt after from so much jumping. I do it barefoot which is probably a bad idea. I'd suggest wearing running shoes.
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I canNOT wait to get this DVD :)
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I have never had a workout that works so fast. In a week I saw a difference...I'm not on Level 3, Day 3....and it's such an amazing workout!! You will love Level 1 and hate Level 2...but you will then love Level 3 because it is NO JOKE! It's a lot of fun though...
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. It will kick your BUTT. The first week, I was totally burned out and tired, it showed in my running. After the first week, my running and energy level really took off.

I did it for 3-5 days in a row and took a day off in between. I did all three levels, 10 days each. I lost tons of inches. Here are my results:

Start
    >Finish

Waist: 32"
    > 29"

Hips: 41"
    > 38.5"

Pooch: 37"
    > 33.5"

Thigh: 25.5"
    > 22.5"

Bicep: 11"
    >10.75"

Calf: 14.5"
    > 14"

I have gained some of the inches back over the past year, but I'm going to start doing the shred again this week. I need the core strength and stamina for running. It is one kick-butt workout.
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can't say enough about this program. The inches come off so fast! I'm starting level 3 today and I can't wait!
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    I looked up on youtube and this girl showed herself the first day and then a week later and she looked sooooooooooooo slim compared the "before" shot. I take care of this old lady for work, she has dementia and in the summer we go to the beach and she has a cabana there, so we are there ALL DAY LONG...but it SUCKS when you are wearing clothes and not a bathing suit LOL..so I am hoping that with this workout (being she says you can lose 20lbs in 30 days) can help me be able to wear a damn bathing suit already!!!!!!!! LOL..
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    I looked up on youtube and this girl showed herself the first day and then a week later and she looked sooooooooooooo slim compared the "before" shot. I take care of this old lady for work, she has dementia and in the summer we go to the beach and she has a cabana there, so we are there ALL DAY LONG...but it SUCKS when you are wearing clothes and not a bathing suit LOL..so I am hoping that with this workout (being she says you can lose 20lbs in 30 days) can help me be able to wear a damn bathing suit already!!!!!!!! LOL..

I didn't actually lose any weight while doing it (maybe a pound) but I lost over 12 inches from various areas on my body. Don't be disappointed in what the scale says, but look in the mirror and take measurements. You will be amazed at the transformation.
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options

I didn't actually lose any weight while doing it (maybe a pound) but I lost over 12 inches from various areas on my body. Don't be disappointed in what the scale says, but look in the mirror and take measurements. You will be amazed at the transformation.

Id be even satsfied with a flatter belly LOL..damn "baby pooch" lol
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I have more strength and stamina after doing level 1 for only 5 days......and I'm a fat old lady!!!LOL
  • stfuandrun
    Options

Id be even satsfied with a flatter belly LOL..damn "baby pooch" lol

That was the best part! I lost about 3.5" from my pooch! It was freaking awesome. I can't wait to start again.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a little under 2 weeks, I'm on Day 9, Level 1 today. I was stuck at a bit of a plateau when I started at 183.4 lb and now, as of yesterday, I'm down to 180.8. The pounds are coming off, and I'm sure the inches will follow. I measured a few days into it, and I'll remeasure again in a month. But I'm noticing a difference in my stomach area already, and yes, the pooch is shrinking too! haha... so happy about that.
  • heatherine
    heatherine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do it at night. I don't have time in the morning with getting ready for work and getting the kids out of the house, so night is the only time I have to do. I haven't lost much weight yet, but I've been taking weekly progress pics and can see that I'm tightening up and that my saddle bag hips are smaller... :)